6. | Trust Broken |

Charlie's P.O.V.

I walk through the front door where my mother and sister stand. Chloe sends me a glare as I make my way to the stairs.

"We're leaving soon." Mom says as I walk past her. 

I nod, not turning to look at her. As I weakly lift my legs up each step, my phone rings in my pocket.

"Hmm?" I answer it. 

"Charlie." Cole's voice rings through the speaker.

I groan, "What?"

"Don't sound too happy to hear me." He jokes.

"Get on with it, I'm leaving in five." I say.

"I just wanted to officially say good bye." He says.

"Why?" I ask, "You don't care for me, you're not my friend, taking me was a favor to Oliver." 

"I don't know! Okay?" He yells, "I... can't help it."

I take a few breaths, "What?"

"See you later." He hangs up. 

I look at my phone as I sit on my bedroom floor. My sister walks in with her hands on her hips like the snobby brat she is.

"I can have Cole for myself now." She says smirking.

"Go ahead, have fun with that." I scoff.

"I know you like him, he likes me though. so get over it." She rubs it in. 

"Get out." I say pushing her out the door.

Changing  his contact to Cole, I hide my phone in a secret box. If my nosy sister decides to search my room, she won't find it. 

I walk down stairs, my mom stands by the door with her purse on her shoulder. She opens the door and my sister waves at me. I give her a fake smile before walking out and getting into the car. 

"Hon-"

"Mom." I say, "If you take me now... I will never trust you again."

She stares at me with a frown, "Let's go."

She starts the car and we drive away. I look out the window at my sister who stands on the lawn. Closing my eyes, I listen to the faint music that plays on the radio. As we drive I can't help but think about Cole with my sister. I hope he wouldn't be so stupid, he seems different. Something about him lours me in and I kind of hate it.