Chapter 1. All I want

After the death of my brother Dallas Winston, everything was gone from my life.  My only family, my friends, and even my lover. Living alone for the past year has been difficult, and giving birth to my first child at the age of 14 was the hardest thing that happened this year.  I have not communicated with friends for the longest time. I'm not even sure how i will be able to tell my ex I have a 5 month old child.

I used to believe in love, but now I just think of it as young, and stupid people trying to find a purpose in life. wanting a title to their name.I realized I was the same. I have had some dark days. Of course I have. I'm 15 now and still have a heart of a child, but i can never seem to embrace it. It's hard, and believe it or not I try my best. I try my best to make it through each day. I try to remember past memories each day. But I just can't

Leaving past memories behind me is what I'm good at. If i do remember it would be like a sinkhole. I can't go back, and I will just go under. I realized that's not what I want. What I really want is my brother back. I want someone to love, but it will never be the same. Finally feeling free, but alone. I need someone by my side. As life continue's on. There is only one thing on my mind now. I think i'm in love again...

~ August 22nd 1966 5:13 p.m. ~

As I place the rest of the items back into the box i hear a knock on the door. I wipe my tears from my eyes and walk to the door. As I open the door I wanted to close it, but i couldn't find the strength to.  " soda...?" I find myself staring at soda, finally seeing him after a year. So many things were going through my head, so many memories, every detail. He then answered.                    " Brodi...I'm sorry. I-" He couldn't speak. I just stared at him, for the longest time. 

My thoughts were circling my head over and over again, half of myself was shocked, but angry. I couldn't find myself to speak to him. But neither could he. I then said " If your going to waist my time-..." I began to close the door but then his hand blocked the door, he then said     " wait, I need your help..." A part of me wanted to close that door, but another half of me wanted to help. All I could do is stare. I felt so hopeless just staring. I had no idea where his conversation was gonna go, But i let him in anyways...