Chapter 3. I Still Need You

I see Soda holding Harlow like he never wanted to let go of her. I walk to Soda taking Harlow out of his hands. He then says. " why haven't you tried to reach out to me, I could have helped" I stare at Soda with an annoyed look. " Times were hard back then.but you can do me one favor now" Soda kept looking at Harlow, he put his hands in his pockets and said. " umm..okay." I look over towards my phone in the living room then say. " find me someone to watch the baby, we need to catch up."

Soda looked at me like I was crazy, and what I just said. I would look at someone the same way. Soda then walked over to my phone calling someone. Knowing soda I already knew who he would call. I told him on purpose. But it was just a way to see my friends again. I watch Soda on the phone. " Hey pony...uhmm is Steve there?" I see him play with the cord of the phone, he then answers back to pony. " Okay, yeah. can you do me a favor and come on down to Brodi's house?" Soda was silent for a second. " mhm, bring Two-bit as well. see you in 20" 

Soda hangs up the phone and looks at me. " well i got you your baby sitters" I stare at Soda then hand Harlow to him. " do they even know I have a baby? and who's Two-bit? " Soda just stood there and then said. " oh crap, uhmmm ill tell them before they come in the house. And Two-bit is someone new to the gang. I look at the ground then back at Soda, but staying silent. When Soda said that all I could think about is that he probably brought this new guy in to fill in dally's spot. I almost got angry, but I just let it slide. 

~ 10 minutes later ~

We hear a knock on the door. Soda hands me Harlow and kisses her forehead. I stood to the side of the door when Soda opened it. " guys..before you come in, there's something i forgot to tell you..." I could feel their confusion from five feet away. " so you guys have to babysit" I heard Ponyboy say " babysit..?" Soda looked back at me and said " yeah.."