Chapter 4. My Own Reflection

Hearing there conversation made me feel nervous. everything echoed, but then Soda let them in.  As Steve walked in. Me and him made direct eye contact. I had no idea what to do, I was just standing there nervous, holding Harlow. And Steve staring back at me with total shock. I also just stood there as the others came into the house. Everything around me felt so different. It was so silent, but load of emotions at the same time.

Steve didn't look sad, no. He was happy, But in a sad way. " no way.." Steve walks over to me and Harlow. " Are you serious? is this real?" I hear pony in the background " holy shit." Two-bit was just standing there. Ponyboy walks up to me as Two-bit stays behind. " When did this happen?" I looked at Soda then back at Pony. " A while back" I smile at him then sit down at the table with Harlow.

I have been thinking, and after not seeing my friends for about a year, and the bad tention we had..they are happy around me. I would expect them to be scared, nervous, mad, upset, or even just silent. But no, they aren't. I have a strong feeling it's because of Harlow. What if i didn't have Harlow...what would they have done? what would they have said? but I want to start a brand new friendship. I need one.

" hey Steve, do you want to hold Harlow?" Steve looked excited and said " can i?" I nodded my head and slowly placed her in Steve's arms. I then got up walking over to Two-bit. " hey i'm Brodi, nice to meet you, I'm an old friend." I smiled at him while shaking his hand. He glanced over at Soda then back to me. " Nice to meet you too, I've heard a lot about you." He smiles back at me.  I then walk over to Steve. " so Steve...you think you could maybe watch Harlow for a day?" 

Steve smiled at me, " of course." I looked shocked and then said " wait really?"   He nodded his head while stroking Harlow's face.  I hugged him from his side and said softly " thank you.." I placed my hand on Harlow's face. I looked over at Soda and said " are you ready to go?"  Soda nodded his head. Before I walked out the door with Soda i said. " there is food in the fridge, and put Harlow to bed at 6:30" I shut the door behind me. Feeling the early evening breeze once more...