Chapter 25. Letting Go

It felt like an hour till i stopped crying. I decided to stand up, but as i did i heard someone behind me. I saw johnny and Steve.

Before I could speak Steve said while walking up to me. " I figured you would be here." He looks down at the floor then looks back up at me and smiles in a sad way.

"Who's watching Harlow?" Johnny walked over and put his hand on my shoulder. " Don't worry, Two is watching Harlow."

Steve interrupts us with a concerned tone. " Hey...have you seen Soda recently...?

I reply to Steve confused. " yeah...a while ago..why?"  Steve pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to me.    "We decided to go to the Curtis' house for a second to see if Soda was there. But we found this note instead. Its dated for today. I haven't read it, but it was addressed to you.."

I carefully unfold the paper and see a paragraph of words. I decide to say it out loud so Steve and Johnny could hear it.

" I already regret writing this, but i know I told you about Dally already. I knew someone would find the letter and give it to you eventually. I know why you didn't run to me after I decided to walk away. I'm tired of running Brodi, I'm tired of running away from you when I told you I would be there... but i think its best for me to leave. You can try and change my mind, but it would already be too late anyways. I love you forever and always Brodi. Even if we aren't close just remember I love you. I will come back soon. I'm not sure when. Just stay strong for me. You were good to me."

I then fold the paper back up and hand it to Steve. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be sad. It felt like it was around 4 a.m. because the sky got a little lighter. I look over at Johnny.

"This is the second times he's done this.." i just stand there as i close my eyes. I then feel arms around me and I felt warm and a little better. I open my eyes and see Johnny hugging me. I look over at Steve and he smiles. I then hug Johnny back. Holding him tighter than I ever have before.

I let go of Johnny and Steve calls him over to talk. When their backs were turned all i could think about is my guilt. With the rain still falling on us. I begin to cry, but Steve or Johnny don't notice. I wondered when I would see Soda again... and why he had to leave.

Its so quiet, and im freezing. I never thought I would loose Soda again. Not after what he said. He said he wouldn't leave me. But I guess its better to let someone go...