Chapter 20. Already Falling.

I walked over and hit my fist against the wall. I then walked out of Pony's room. I couldn't stop crying. When I got outside the hospital it was raining. At this point I didn't care. I wanted to walk slowly. But decided run. I ran all the way home. To where steve was.

When I entered my house I was sobbing , and I couldn't keep myself together. Steve ran to me then hugged me tightly. I hugged him back. But I didn't want to let him go. I could tell from the minute I walked in the door. Steve knew Pony was dead.

Steve holding me in his arms just made me feel numb. So numb I was silent. I almost fell a couple of times just wanting to fall and cry. But steve kept me up. " Brodi...everything is going to be okay..."  Hearing those words made me want to feel like everything will get better. But I knew from this point it would only get worse.

If only I knew what Steve was going through. If only I could understand... He knew Pony would die. I wouldn't blame him leaving. It would be too sad to say goodbye like he said. As i was hugging Steve I brought my head up looking over his shoulder behind him. I look up the stairs thinking Harlow is in bed.

I had no idea whether or not if Johnny and Two were still at the hospital. But ever since i left Soda about a year ago... i always dreamed of the gang being back together. And honestly now that Pony is gone. We only have half of the gang now.

I let go of Steve, and pull him back and look into his eyes. He knew what I was thinking. He nodded his head and stroked his hand through my hair. I held his hand for a second then turned around and walked out of my house. In the pouring rain, and in the cold...