Chapter 18. Insecurity

Pony wakes up and Two and I stand up from our chairs. Two walks over to Pony on the other side holding his hand. While I hold his other one. " Pony are you okay?" Pony nods his head and says to me. " where's Steve...?" Two let's go of Pony's hand and walks to the side I'm on. I look behind me at Johnny then back at Pony. " He...couldn't make it Pony." Pony shuts his eyes for a few seconds and then says. " where's Soda?"

At that point i got tense, but also wanted to cry at the same time. I had no idea what to say. Pony was in the hospital and his own brother wasn't there. Because of me. At that point I felt so selfish. I let go of Pony's hand and said. " I don't know Pony. I haven't seen him. I'm sorry." I could see Pony begin to cry but then smiled. " Its, fine."

Everything was silent for the longest time. I could see that Two was more nervous than ever, and jumpy. He flinched to every loud noise. Johnny was silent. But had a caring heart. Pony was sleeping again. And I almost fell asleep myself sitting in the chair leaning on Pony's hand that was on the bed.

I begin to wake up a little more. I try and wake pony up. " hey pony are you okay?" Pony slowly wakes up and grabs my hand. "Yeah...im fine." He closes his eyes again and smiles. I look over at Two and smile as well. " why did you do this pony? Your only 15..." not knowing he would reply he held my hand tighter and whispered.

" you know...im using up the hospitals money...i have no life support. They took me off of it before you came. They don't care about their patients. You have to understand im gonna die soon." Pony tried to smile but couldn't hold back his tears.

Two stands up and walks over to Pony. While Johnny stood up and walked closer. " oh come on Pony, you won't die." Two holds pony's hand on the other side from me. " Pony, come on don't die on us now." I could hear silence throughout the room. And nothing but the feeling of being helpless...