Chapter 16. Put Your Arms Around Me

I felt my whole body going numb. And being in shock almost crying. Steve then says to me. " We have to go to your house! Like now" Steve begins to run out the door. I follow behind him. Johnny follows as well. We run the whole way back to my house. On the way there. The way the wind blew through my hair. The adrenalin. The sadness. I just hoped that nothing bad happened..

As we reached my house. I say medics taking Ponyboy into an ambulance. I was breathing heavily but ran to Two-bit. He was just standing there with blood on his hands. He was crying. But i felt like he didn't know. From what people told me. Two wasn't a person to cry. I hugged him and tried to comfort him.

Two didnt hug me back. He just stood there looking at his hands. Johnny was just in shock and stood back from this situation. As i hugged Two. I noticed Steve go to Pony before the medic put him in the ambulance. Steve said to me. " im going with Pony!" I quickly nod my head and Steve goes with pony in the ambulance.

I take Johnny and Two inside of my house. I then say to Two-bit. " is Harlow okay? He nods his head but was still in shock. I decide to get a towel and wipe the blood off his hands. " what happened to Pony?" Two looks at me. Then stands up going to the bathroom. Johnny and I follow behind him. Two pointed out a large amount of blood on the floor. I saw Johnny's eyes widen. " Two what happened?!"

Two started breathing heavily and replied in low tone. "He cut himself..." I glanced at Two crying. "Why would he do that?" Two looked at Johnny then back at me. He started to walk away. " i- I don't know brodi." He walks away and decides to go outside for some fresh air.

Knowing Pony. He is so kind hearted. But also out of place at the same time. He is very intelligent but I always knew. Ever since Dally introduced me to him, I knew he was following Dally's footsteps. I didn't want to say anything about it. Only because he seemed happy.

Steve was also right about Pony. He is a rebel. But only when he wants to be. He has always been the type to be there for people. He is always desprite and insecure. But thats what made him unique. It was his specialty and no one could take that away from him. No matter how hard they tried..