Chapter 7. All This Pain

I look back at Soda as he touches his neck again. I wanted to apologize, but I need him to apologize first. I know soda is a sweet guy, every girl, and guy can see that. Except me... He seems so happy around other people. One reason why I broke up with Soda at that exact time was not only because of Dally's death. It was also because he seemed happy without me.

I close my eyes while exhaling. I then opened my eyes and walked over to Soda. " I'm sorry Soda" Soda's eyes seemed tired. He slowly blinked and said " its fine" i bite my lip looking over at the carving in the tree. I walk over to the tree reaching my hand out stroking the carving.

I clench my hand  into a fist against the tree. " Do you remember this?" I look back at Soda smiling. Soda walks over next to me and places his hand on the carving too. "Yeah.. our carving." He takes his hand away from the tree then placing it in his pocket.

Feeling the wind through my hair. And the way it ripples through our clothes. I realize it's around 7. I think in my mind that we only have 22 hours left together. I take my hand away from the carving facing Soda. " we only have 22 hours left together" Soda bites his lip and says. " so you said u have never been out of the neighborhood?"

I nod my head, and then Soda takes a deep exhale while putting both of his hands in his pocket. "I know a place, not that far from here we can walk. "  I seemed hesitant but then replied. " i- okay. Okay yeah we can go there.." Soda smiles then walks over to me not knowing what he was going to do..