Chapter 17. Easier For You

It has been about 30 minutes until I got a phone call from the hospital. Steve was on the phone. He was calm. But i heard the panic in his voice. " Brodi.. i think you should come here. I can watch Harlow for you..." He was breathing a little heavily but I agreed.    " okay I'm coming right now Steve" Steve hung up the phone and I put the phone down. I then said to Johnny and Two. " you guys want to come with me to the hospital?"

Both of them nodded their head quickly. I figured it would be okay to leave Harlow alone for 5 minutes. I left the house with Two and Johnny. After getting to the hospital. I asked for Pony's room. They then got a call and they picked it up in front of me. I was just standing there waiting for the person to reply to me.

The person on the phone then asked me. " are you Brodi Winston?" I nod my head and she hands me the phone.         " The calls for you"  I hesitate to grab the phone but I grab it anyways. " hey Brodi. I made it to your house im taking care of Harlow." I reply but then say " oh okay, oh...Steve. why didn't  you want to stay?" Steve tone gets quite " It would just be too sad.." He then hangs up the phone. I kept the phone to my ear for a couple more seconds then handed it to the lady. The person then said. "Ponyboy Curtis is in room 13"

As i walk away with Two and Johnny i thank her. My stomach started to ache as I got closer to Pony's room. I could tell Two he was nervous.  As i walk into Pony's room i could feel my body become cold. I walk over to Pony and place my hand on his. I turn his arm over and see his cuts. I turn his arm back. I then grab a chair in the room and sit next to him. Johnny, Two, and I sat in that room for the longest time.  Pony then woke up...