Chapter 2. We Are Young

As he walked through the door, my body got tense. I felt really scared, and nervous. " we can sit at the kitchen table" Soda nods his head then quickly sits down. Already by his attitude and body language, he didn't change much at all. Even though i looked nervous, Soda looked even more nervous than me.  I sit down on a chair facing directly across from him. " so whats wrong?"  Soda looks down at his hands then back at at me. " I just wanted to say that i'm sorry...I'm sorry about everything."

I knew exactly what Soda was talking about. I didn't have the heart to forgive him. so i just said " what do you mean?" I could feel his glares towards me. I also knew he didn't need help with anything. It was just a decoy to get my attention. Before Soda could say anything. My baby started crying. I went up stairs, and i could hear Soda follow behind till the bottom of the stairs. I continue walking upstairs attending to my baby. I figured I would just bring the baby downstairs. I took my baby in my arms. grabbing the formula and it's favorite blanket. 

As I walk down the stairs I see Soda staring at me, strongly. I walk past him and sit at the table again with my baby in my arms. Soda slowly walks over to me " wait..." I could see tears form in his eyes.  " is this our baby..?" I look at Soda and nod at him.  He bends down to the baby's level, he then says " whats her name?" 

For some reason I didn't want to tell him, but its his daughter to. He should know.  " her name is Harlow."  He replies as if it was an echo. " Harlow...she's so beautiful, can I hold her?" I agreed and handed her to Soda. Knowing Soda. He doesn't seem like the dad type. Seeing Soda holding Harlow just made me happy. But Soda just walking in to my house after a year. I don't know how to react to  that.

Now realizing it. I haven't been a normal teenager in years. I haven't been able to see my friends. I dropped out of school for the baby. Now thinking about it, my friends could have really helped me. But its not too late..right?