Chapter 15. Fury

I decide to stay with Steve for the rest of his shift. It was nice to relax. It was nice to know that steve loves me for who I am. It was nice to be away from Soda. I feel like Soda is bad for me. But yet he's a good person. My heart feels like I'm doing the right thing with all my issues. But my mind tells me I'm not.

I hear Steve walk out the door of the gas station. " you ready to go?" I'm against the wall of the gas station. I look over at steve while pushing myself forward to walk. " yeah let's go." Before the end of Steve's shift I told him that I wanted to eat something. As we walk Steve hugs me from the side and kisses my cheek. " you know I love you right?"

I smile at Steve and say "i know" we continue walking. But then I spot Johnny on the other side. Steve see's me run to Johnny. I hug Johnny again. And take his hand and bring him over to Steve. " Steve this is Johnny! We are friends." Steve smiles at Johnny and shakes his hand. " nice to meet you!" Johnny was nervous and said. " nice to meet you too..Steve."

I take Steve's hand and say. " Can Johnny Come with us?!" Steve looked over at Johnny, then at me. " yeah sure, why not." I get excited and hug johnny. Then hug Steve kissing his cheek. "I love you so much!" I continue to walk with Johnny and Steve. I wasn't sure where steve was taking us to eat. But whenever he took me out to places. It was always the best.

We finally reach a small diner that people can sit outside it was my favorite place to go with Steve. " oh my God! Where going to Rosie's Diner???!!!" I scared Johnny a little bit by yelling that out. Steve didn't even flinch because he knew I would have this reaction. " yeah, I thought you needed something nice right now." I was honestly so excited. Rosie's Diner was my favorite place to go. Even though it was a little expensive.

We decide to spend the day in the diner. Talking about life. Talking about our problems. And bonding with each other. I could tell Steve liked Johnny alot. And I could Tell Johnny felt the same way. I felt like they would be great friends. "So brodi..what happened between you and Soda?" Johnny looks over at me and I reply back to Steve. " well. Its just complicated right now. After having Harlow. And Soda just coming into my life randomly is not the best thing for me. He just never understands me. Even though he is like Johnny. He's just been different ever since Dally died."

Steve nods his head then picks at his food with his fork. He then sets it down and replies. " Brodi, your the strongest woman I have ever met. Yes physically. But also mentally. If I were you I would be dead already." Johnny looks over at Steve then back at me. I make eye contact with Steve and mouth to him *I love you* Steve smile at me and Steve then Says. " okay well Brodi you were supposed to be home 3 hours ago to Harlow. But I'm pretty sure Pony and Two are alright."

I nod my head at Steve and then say to Johnny. " you wanna stay at my place tonight?" Johnny replies to me. " i mean if im not going to be a bother..." I quickly reply back. "You won't be a bother at all. I need the company" Johnny smiles at me and says. " okay...thanks." i smile back and then look over at Steve talking to the waitress in the diner.

Steve then says to me. " i'm gonna call your house and see how everything is going. Steve calls from the diner phone. Steve looke tense when he started talking. " wait...what?!" " is he o- hello?" Steve looks at me almost crying. " its Pony..."