Chapter 30. Not Lost, Just Broken..

I feel hands on my face. Two was trying to wake me up. " Brodi wake up. Wake up" i begin to wake up. But i quickly look over at Soda.

I quickly try and run to Soda. Two tried taking me back. But i got released from his grip. Johnny stood over him throwing Soda's jacket next to his head. " why is this jacket so important anyways..?"

Before I reach Soda I look up at Johnny. He looked angry. Not even a grain of concern, or worry upon his face. Steve walked over to Twobit telling him to let me go to Soda. Johnny then walks away from us, not ever looking back.

I approach Soda collapsing next to him. " Soda...please stay with me." Soda looked over to me but I could tell he was in pain. He reaches for my hand and holds it. I could feel our blood against my skin.

I look over at Soda, then up at the dark sky. I could feel my body go tense. More and more blood coming out of my mouth. Same with Soda.

I could feel the cold air pass over my eyes leaving them open. I blink and a tear rolls down my cheek.

" I love you Soda..." I could feel Soda's grip on my hand tighten, but then weaken. "I love you too Brodi" I wanted to tell Soda everything I was sorry for. Everything struck me when I thought about Harlow. Her two parents practically dying. She wouldn't have anyone but Steve, and Two.

" I'm sorry" I could see a smile form on Soda's face. He then began to talk. "Remember when we first fell in love? Summer of 64'. I have never felt differently of you since that day"

I didn't want to answer Soda. It would just be a way for him to let him die faster.

I was just happy to finally try and be with Dally and Pony again. " Soda...i feel like we were born in the wrong time." I could see Soda's eyes begin to close.

I felt scared to die, I was scared for Soda. Scared for both of us. My mouth began to get sore from holding in my tears. I decided i should let them go.

I turned over to hug Soda. Just one last time. " Soda... why the jean jacket..? " Soda began to cry even more. But he managed to explain. " At night when I were always alone, I always dreamed to give someone this sweater. The one time when you broke up with me, and threw that sweater on the ground.  It broke me. Only because i knew I lost someone important. I knew I lost someone I loved. "

I hugged Soda as tight as I could. And he did the same. I could hear Steve and Two crying from the other side. I knew they wanted to help. But they also knew we wanted this.

I felt Soda's body go limp. I held him tightly as i felt myself let go. Every single memory was going through my mind...Every single one... i could only cry more than I ever have before. Hearing Two and Steve cry was a rare.

Steve and Two ran over to me. They kept it in, but couldn't take much more. Steve hovered over me. I felt his tears fall on my face. He grabbed my hand. And Two put his hands on my face.

" Brodi don't leave us! Please!" I could feel Steve's head against me. And he was shaking. I then managed to say one last thing. " Tell my story Steve...tell my story...."

_________________________________________

The End.
______________________

There is more to the story. Just let me know if you want me to make another book. I'll be happy to 🥺💙