Chapter 19. Easier To Let Me Go

Two was nervous. He would flinch to every loud noise. And johnny was silent but had a caring heart. I almost fell asleep in my chair leaning against Pony's hand that was on the bed. I wake up and say to pony " hey pony. Are you okay?" Pony wakes up and looks at me. He replies softly. " im fine.." i smile at Pony then behind me at Two.

Pony grabbed my hand even tighter and said " where's steve? " i look over at pony and say. " Steve...Couldn't make it. I'm sorry..." pony looks at me. He begins to cry but he smiles. " its okay." He then closes his eyes for a few seconds then says " what about Soda..?"

At that point my body became tense. And the air became thinner. I knew this was my fault that Soda isn't here. He isn't here with his brother in the hospital. I felt so bad. " pony I have no idea where Soda is.." after that pony wanted to smile. He tried so hard but couldnt. " its fine."

Pony looks over at Two and says. " I'm using the hospitals money. I'm going to die soon. They took me off life support. They dont care about their patients. They just want me to die. You have to understand im dying right now. " Two looks at me and i look at Pony. Two and Johnny stand up walking closer to Pony.  Pony was crying. But i tried to re assure him. " pony you won't die. You can't die"  Pony then looks over at Twobit and says .

" Two i don't want to die.. this isn't long enough.." Pony begins to cry even more. He then looks over at me . " Come on Pony. You don't have to die. Not here, not now." Pony grabbed my hand and told me.       " tell Soda I love him..." Pony looks over at Two. " even though I have known you for a short time. You meant everything to me. You taught me good in life, you tought me how to Love." Pony smiles at Two and i reply.

" Come on Pony..." Pony then turns to me. I shake my head beginning to cry.    " Brodi...ever since I met you, you changed my life in so many different ways. I can't even imagine why i left you..." I can see Pony leave his body. Everything around me became cold. Pony closed his eyes as one last tear rolled down his cheek. Two stood back from pony crying. But just standing there shocked. Johnny cried too. Even though he didn't know Pony.

I stood up from my chair looking over Pony. " Come on Pony..." I hold on to his hand tighter. " Pony come on...please. wake up.." I wipe my tears but more kept falling down my face. I wanted to leave. But didn't feel the urge to. It wasn't right. But I was angry. I had to leave...