george

Hope
'66
҂

She watched in admiration as he walked ahead of her and through the garden.

He was always passionate about the flowers and plants that overgrew the pathways.

"-and this is the best part" he exclaimed walking towards a large patch of flowers, "these" he pointed at "are phal orchids, it's one of the largest plant families y'know" he said touching the petal lightly.

"It's gorgeous georgie" she whispered, taking in the sound of the birds singing in the trees, and the large smile that lay on her husband's face.

"I have to show you something" he said sliding his hand in hers, and pulling her along, "georgie" she laughed as he began running "it's just through here" he said pushing back a strip of leaves to reveal a large empty space of garden, where a large checked blanket and guitar lay.

George wrapped his arms around her waist as she took in the set up, "it's for you" he stated as she turned around wrapping her arms around his neck. "Thank you georgie" she whispered "let's go" he said picking the girl up and carrying her over to the blanket.

The girl giggled as he lay her down on the grass, "can you play me a song?" she smiled innocently up at the man.

"Why of course, Mrs Harrison" he said making her blush.

George picked up the instrument strumming it a few times before, the light tune to 'yesterday' flew from it.

Hope lay back closing her eyes, as her husband sung quietly in her ear.

She must have dozed of, snapping out of her day dream, as a light kiss was pressed to her forehead, before the body lay down next to her, wrapping an arm loosely on her shoulder.

"Thank you Mr Harrison" she said quietly burrying her face in his shoulder, they both lay in silence.

"Hope?" the boy asked, she nodded "do you ever think about, yknow having...kids?" he asked, almost nervously, "all the time" she looked up at her spouse "our kids are going to love your gardens georgie" she said kissing his cheek.

"One day, darling" he whispered against her head, "soon" she said under her breath, resulting in a huge grin making it's way onto george's face.