ringo

Emma
'64
҂

The house was almost dull, despite being full of light a few weeks earlier.

He had to miss out on tour because of tonsillitis, his own band had to bring in a replacement. And he was very worried.

Ringo often found himself, and sometimes george, being overlooked.

I mean, there was Paul, 'the cute one', John, 'the smart one' and George 'the quiet one.'

While ringo felt he was just 'the drummer'

He always put himself down because of it, he put way too much pressure on himself, always scared he would let the group down - which the boys insisted he could never do -

But he still worried.

And now that he was away from tour, because of tonsillitis, he was really harsh on himself.

He had always been in and out of hospital as a kid, missing out on a lot of school, and now he was back in. He hated it.

Ringo had gone through many operations and procedures, lots of little scars scattered across his chest and legs, adding onto the self consciousness of being the 'worst' beatle.

The 'ugly' beatle.

Was what he thought of whenever he looked in the mirror.

There was, however, one person who thought the complete opposite. That person was Emma.

The only person who could ever cheer him up.

Emma, his bestfriend, was quite clearly in love with the boy, but ringo being himself, never realised or took notice to his bestfriend's feelings.

But he definitely precipitated them.

To Emma, Ringo was perfect.

From his blue eyes that she could gaze into forever, the way his hair  would bounce around whenever he danced along to a tune. With his strong, blistered hands, from constantly playing his drums. Ringo Starr was perfect. No doubt about it.

When she found out her bestfriend was sick, she automatically allowed him to stay with her, giving up her own room for the boy.

Where he lay ever day, while she nursed him back to health the two would play cards and eat soup, while giggling over old stories from their school days.

"I wonder how the replacement's doing" ringo sneered as they watched the band perform on the?small, box like tv.

"He has a name you know?" she teased taking his empty bowl and placing it on the night stand, just as 'i wanna be your man' began playing, ringo groaned "they have to play my song? they just have to rub it in don't they?" he choked out, his voice very hoarse from the treatment.

"They have to play something rich" she paused as he glared at the screen, "i think they'd be dumb not to play it, after all it's one of their best songs" she said, making the boy smile smugly. "You really think it's good?" he asked hopefully, "mhm, anything you do is good, richard" she hummed kissing his cheek, making the boy blush, profusely.