george

mary
'68
҂

"Yes- okay- i-i love you too...bye" the man groaned and hissed a swear word under his breath "Yes i do love you, Pattie- i have to-" he rolled his eyes "Okay Pattie- i...have to go! Bye" he said casually, clearly bored by the obvious moaning his wife had been doing on the phone.

Mary was sprawled on the bed, she was awake, George just didn't know, she'd had her back to the man as he spoke to his wife.

She stared off out of the window at the soft morning sky, a car went past George's flat every now and then.

The man crawled back into bed, wrapping his arm around the bare women who he'd spent the past four months with.

The women wriggled slightly as she felt the man reach for his lighter and a pack of cigarettes, "Morning, love" he whispered as he hung the stick from the corner of his mouth.

"Who was it?" she asked curiously, referring to the phone call, even though she knew very well of who it was.

"Just Pattie called three times already!" he whined as he exhaled the nicotine which faded into the room, he smiled slightly as she leant up so her forehead was against his chin and her lips were pouted inviting him to place the stick in-between.

"Just wish she'd leave me, ye' know?" he asked the women nodded slightly "She loves you, Georgie i doubt she ever will" she said quietly he shook his head.

"Well i can't deal with it anymore" he was sitting up now.

"All the others 'r settling down and acting like adults. While she's treating me like a little kid!" george pointed the finger as he put out the cigarette.

"Well maybe you need somebody better" she said under her breath, but he heard and he was smirking at the thought.

"I've been begging you for months to let me leave her!" he teased making Mary blush, "Well i just- i feel bad...like it's my fault?" she questioned.

George was running his thumb across the palm of her hand when she said this and pulled it towards his mouth, kissing each of her delicate fingers, until she giggled and pulled them away.

"We got married too young..." he said to himself "It was dumb of us- of me i mean" he corrected "i should never have proposed to 'er! It was never going to work, Mary!" he said taking her face in his hands as she sat up, her back against the headboard, beside him.

"We could work!" he explained, the girl smiled shyly.

"We could run off! Move into the centre of London, you can get that art shop ye' always wanted and i-i'll be closer to the studio! And we can be together, just us against the world!" he was now smiling like schoolboy on christmas "And soon enough we'll be proper adults, married a couple of kids! couple of grandkids! We'll be Mister and Mrs Harrison!" he smiled off dreamily at the thought of being happy and in love again.

"Well...you might be thinking a little far in advance Georgie" she said quietly, pulling the sheets securely around her, still bare, body before she wrapped her arms around his neck and played with the end of his, shoulder length, hair.

"But i would love to be Mrs Harrison, one day" she smiled kissing his blushing cheeks.

"Marry me then?" he blurted the girl looked up in shock.

"But you-you're still with Pattie!" she said quickly.

"Oh to 'ell with 'er! I'm George Fucking Harrison, i'll have her divorced by tommorrow!" he said clasping her hands in his eyes as he pecked them feverishly "Marry me, Mary?" he asked again.

She nodded jumping up and leaning even closer to the man, who's grin had somehow gotten even bigger than it had been five minutes previously.

"I love you, Georgie" she muttered as he rolled them over and burried his head in her neck, "i love you the most" he whispered back before pressing his lips against her's and pulling the blanket over their heads, as if they were kids and they had to keep quiet or their friends would find out what they were getting up to.

The front door slammed shut, making George's eyes grow wide as Mary's hand covered reached up covering his mouth to prevent his deep breaths being
sounded as if it would help.

The light footsteps pattered closer and closer towards the door, before a loud shriek was sounded.

And George couldn't help but smile, because he finally had a good enough reason to be with his true love.