john ( i )

sylvia
'67
҂

She loved John.

Oh, how she loved him, she believed they were ment to be. From a small school on the Quarry Bank to travelling the world in a band, he promised.

"It will always be John and Sylvia, Sylvia and John" he often said.

Sylvia wasn't your average women, in fact, close friends of John would always say how the two were 'made for eachother'.

She was a strong women, not controlling, she stuck her ground, without being a pain and most importantly was very patient.

You had to be, having a famous husband.

She always waited up, everynight, no matter what.

Always had a plate of food ready, even if it was already morning.

John was almost always at the studio until two and three in the morning, yet she still stayed up to hear about his day, and to cuddle him until he fell asleep.

It wasn't until a few months back, when things began to change.

Not Sylvia, never Sylvia.

It was John.

The girl stayed up every day, just like always, with a warm meal and his pyjamas on the radiator to warm up.

But he wasn't thankful anymore.

Often cold and short tempered, she was too 'clingy' so she layed off.

She would leave food in the fridge, just in case, and she wouldn't force him to talk, or welcome him home with his usual kisses.

But he still wasn't happy.

He began ordering her around, telling her to have certain things done by the time he got home, or forcing her to change things about herself.

Her style had changed completely just to fit in with the band's new 'hippie' fascination, she was often told to 'have his office cleaned by three' and even though he wouldn't get home till eleven he could always tell when she hadn't listened to his instructions, usually it resulted in him shouting at her.

The next morning before work he woud sprinkle her with kisses, before coming home that night and repeating it all over.

When ever she tried to stop this he just shook his head.

"Its out of love, dear"

҂

He had spent the whole day with the boys, like usual.

She had spent the whole day in town, doing whatever she felt like doing.

For the first time in months she had driven back into liverpool to visit her parents.

She didn't leave her parents house, till later that night, and it wasn't until she got in the taxi, she realised just how late it was.