george

anita
'67
҂

"play them for me, georgie" she whispered againts his neck, the man shook his head moodily before turning it over and hiding in the cushions much like a little boy.

"Ge-"

"No point! They're terrible" he grumbled, and the women rolled her eyes. The blonde brought a hand up running it through his hair and massaging his scalp, "I really love your songs, angel" she whispered pecking his cheeks - which were now glowing a deep red.

George had come home depressed again having had three songs turned down by Paul who 'seems to think he's the leader' in George's words. The man had come home to his newly-wedded wife ranting about how he wanted to quit music and become a housewife.

Anita of course knew he was just being dramatic but there was no point arguing she had to let his mood simmer down first. And it did, the pair had a lovely dinner made by the young adult and they had then watched a movie for date night. Once they'd come upstairs at the clock struck twelve and George realised he had to go back and see Paul again tommorrow he started grumbling again.

And then moaning at Anita telling her to go back to bed, but it was hard when your husband was tossing and turning and then sitting up and humming and lying back down -  she didn't think she'd ever get to sleep.

"Maybe the songs just aren't Paul's cup of tea-"

"Well I didn't write them for Paul did I?!" he snapped and the women winced, "sorry dear" he whispered quietly turning over to face his wife. "Play them for me then?" she begged, he shook his head.

"Georgie loveeeeeee" it was her turn to sound like a little kid, the man shook his head.

"No 'nita. I want them to be a surprise...besides i don't care what Paul says my songs are getting on the album!" he got progressively louder at the end. The blonde laughed quietly but stopped once her husband glared moodily.

"Why won't you play the song for your amazingly gorgeous and talented wife, George?" she asked holding an imaginary mic out to the man, he shoved her hand away.

"You're just making fun of me now" he grumbled turning his back to her, the girl rolled her eyes shifting onto her chest and leaning over to peck his cheek.

"I'm fed up with this, yknow" he said after a minute of silence, the girl cleared her throat, "of what darling?" she asked softly tracing a thumb over his jawline. "The band" he choked out, the women looked up, eyes wide and a confused frown upon her face.

George turned wrapping his arms around the girl who fell silent when he began to cry.

She'd never seen him cry before.

"What do you mean love?" she whispered placing her hands on either side of his face.

"Its not fun anymore, we shout during the day but we're bestfriends taking photos and doing interviews but as soon as the camera's cut everything falls to shit." he grumbles running his hands over his face, he seemed embarassed having cried over a song - but it wasn't just any old song, it mean a lot to him, it was supposed to be for Anita.

"Paul thinks he owns the whole thing and that devil Yoko" he paused peering up at the women "she ate my biscuits the other day" he stated before looking back down "would you believe it?!" he hissed, the girl nodded "that is quite bad" she stated somewhat sarcastically.

"And Ringo!" he laughed "that man is so gullible! he just does whatever those two say. Its like he's a puppet. Always running errands. And what does 'e get in return?" he asked and waited for an answer, " I don't know, what does he get Georgie?" Anita asked, "A crappy drum solo-" he froze again "After this album I'm leaving! I'll take Ringo with me and I'll release as many love songs to you that i want without having to worry about McCartney" he promised, "And Ringo will get a song or two aswell" he whispered slowly falling asleep, "maybe just one, I'm not a big fan of octopuses..."

And then his soft snores filled the room, his head was buried in his wife's chest, his hands wrapped around her waist. Anita's heart swelled at his face as the moon hit it at the perfect angle.

She softly wiped under his eyes which were still slightly damp from his tears, before pushing his hair from his eyes.

"play me it tommorrow yeah?" she asked, knowing he wouldn't answer, but she giggled when the man shook his head.