Chapter 19

hey guys! sorry this was supposed to be updated earlier but i had family in from out of town. anyway i hope you enjoy this. merry late christmas and happy new year

Chapter 19

Ryan steps out of the shadow in whence he was hiding. “I think that, since I am master of this house, you should tell me what, exactly, that was all about. And no I don’t mean what happened with your little friends. I mean what happened with you, my dear.”

I just stared in shock. He had been here this whole time? How had no one noticed? He heard my confession…

“Well?” he said. “I don’t have all day. I have a complaint to file, a traitor to expel.”

“I, uh,” I stammer.

“You, uh, what? You, uh, have been spying on us? You’ve mapped out our base and our numbers and sent them to your daddy? You what?” Ryan states so calmly it makes a shiver run down my spine.

It is at that exact moment that I realize that Tyler has somehow disappeared and I am all alone with a guy who probably wants to kill me.

Lovely.

“It’s not what it looks like-“

“Like hell it’s not.”

“Would you just hear me out?” I sigh in exasperation.

“Sure,” Ryan says. “Go ahead and feed me your lies and then I can decide what to do with you and your friends and sister.”

I sigh. Great. Not only was this now resting on my shoulders, but five other people were at risk as well. Five other people that I cared greatly about.

“Yes, my dad is a founder of the group that made us,” I gesture at me and him, “what we are. No I’m not proud of it which is why I am just now telling my closest friends. Yes I was going to tell you, just not yet. And no, I am not spying on you guys,” I say quickly, my eyes not leaving Ryan’s. He does not look impressed. I exhale and continue.

“I found out a few days before I came here that my dad was actually a scientist gone wrong.” And I continue to tell him every detail that relates even slightly to my dad’s involvement with this group of scientists from his random disappearances to last week when I woke up in his laboratory.

When I finish there is silence for a moment, then Ryan starts to clap. It is a slow, drawn out clap that isn’t really congratulating me for anything. It is more to unnerve me. And boy does it work.

“Congratulations,” Ryan drawls. “You just sealed your fate. I’ll talk with the others but more than likely you’ll be packing your bags tonight and be out by dawn.”

Swallowing my nerves I stand up taller. “You can’t just kick us out. Where will we go?”