𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: meeting the boy with a flame

MEETING THE BOY WITH A FLAME

.

.

.

.

"i'll be going to see mingi." jeno says, bringing up mingi's profile.

"omnikinesis? like hydrokinesis?" san asks

"yes and no." jaemin explains. "hydrokinesis is control over just water in all of its forms. omnikinesis is control over everything elemental. earth, water, fire and air."

"woah." san gasps in amazement. "so he's like you and jeno combined, and then some."

"essentially."

.

.

.

.

it was so hot.

his entire body was burning up.

it was in the middle of the night, nobody was on the streets apart from a few lonely drunk people trying to stumble their way back home.

his whole body was on fire.

he ducked into an alleyway and couldn't believe his eyes when he looked up at the brick walls and saw the orange glow that was cast on the red, graffiti covered brick. an orange glow not caused by any of the illuminated street lights, or the lights coming from the few apartment rooms with people still awake.

but from his own body.

tears were welling in his eyes because he was so warm, but when the dripped down onto his cheeks, he hissed at the sound of his tears evaporating into a gas too.

hiss.

hiss.

hiss.

his rapidly falling tears vanishing just as quickly into the air as the temperature of his body continued to rise.

peeling off every layer of clothing until he was left in only a thin t-shirt and pants despite anyone else standing outside needing to shroud their bodies in thick padded jackets and gloves to stop the outside cold from chilling them to the bone. he didn't know what was happening to him, he was just going home after a day at work when suddenly his whole body felt like it was going to be catching on fire.