𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐩𝐭. 𝟏

EPILOGUE PT. 1
mature

.

.

.

.

saying goodbye wasn't part of the plan.

seeing everyone dressed in all black, it was strange when the lack of colour and the lack of sensory input was what made everything so overwhelming.

he could feel everyone's eyes on him as he enters the funeral. his body instinctively began curling in on itself. he wanted to disappear, become so small he would be insignificant. maybe if he squeezed his eyes hard enough he would disappear.

his legs buckled beneath his body mass, unable to support the weight of his emotionally unstable self.

he felt so sick so suddenly. perhaps it was the fact that 4 of his 8 team members were resting there, dead as could be. he had to bite his lip to suppress the bile that wanted to come up. all he could remember was the amount of pain from that day, that all stacked up on top of each other. it got to the point that everything hurt so much, the pain began to nullify itself. a sort of negative feedback loop that had gotten so bad, they had all gotten used to it.

the sight of the four coffins was what truly made yeosang almost lose his lunch right there and then. they were a pure, pearl white and stood out like a sore thumb against the all black decor. knowing that the body of the people he cared so deeply about were in there, along with one coffin that was completely empty, yeosang almost couldn't move any closer.

"i can't do it." he mutters, seeing all the mutants crowding around hongjoong's empty casket especially. their crying made his own emotions reach a fever pitch.

it wasn't until he feels a hand on his back that he begins breaking down. without even looking he could tell it was jongho, spinning around on his heel and burying his head into the crook of his neck, using his shoulder as a tissue. "i don't want to do this jongho."

"focus on me yeo. just me." he whispers reassurances into his ear, telling him that everything will be alright and that it's okay to cry.

in that moment no one else mattered, the only one that mattered was him.

they slowly approach the caskets, the looks of pity from the other funeral goers made yeosang feel so shy and ashamed. the pain of losing cluster members was unbearable, and they had to experience it 4 times. but having someone there to ground him and to make him feel that slightest bit more normal definitely helped.

they reach the altars and stop. unable to get any closer because it all started to sink in.

like a dry, crusty sponge, he finally let the truth seep into his every pore and he didn't realise the tears flowing out of his eyes until he felt a thumb graze his wet cheek.

"do you think they're in heaven?" yeosang's voice is cracking, shaky, unable to remain stable. because though he felt like an emotional wreck, all he could hope for was his soulmates were up above and finally at rest.

even wooyoung, the body brought back because it did once hold the soul of a precious boy that truly deserved the world,, only corrupted later on in his life. that didn't mean their wooyoung didn't deserve the proper send off that he didn't receive the first time.

he feels an arm make its way around his waist. jongho didn't have to say anything as yeosang leans his head against the other's shoulder after planting a kiss on his cheek.