𝐭𝐞𝐧: letting the 8 become one team

LETTING THE 8 BECOME ONE TEAM

.

.

.

.

"welcome to the elite." jaemin introduces, fanning his arms out to show the vastness of the main lobby as the 5 newest members of the elite, and the remaining members of san, yunho and hongjoong's ever elusive cluster 8. the high ceilings were adorned all over with chandeliers, the walls consisting of a white marble and people milled about the area. some looking very human whilst others were less so. one man had a thick bushy tail, similar to that of a fox, another girl wasn't even walking but hovering slightly in the air. "our academy is home to the world's strongest and most powerful mutants."

they all knew that they were mutants of course, the team had already explained a lot of the story to them when they were discovered. but seeing all the other mutants in the facility, frankly, seeing each other, knowing that they were part of the same, so called, cluster just made everything feel so much more real.

no one knew each other, so introductions were quick to accompany their very first meeting.

it was funny that the others all recognised jongho as the guy who could replicate himself online. they were amazed that he was actually a mutant that could replicate himself and not just another genius on the internet. the fact that they were all tricked just meant that jongho did his job right and nobody had suspected him of anything.

"we have a celebrity in the group!" yeosang jokes, making jongho embarrassed and flush a deep red.

jaemin continues walking, disregarding the fanboying going on in the background, turning on his heels to face them walking backward without slowing down his pace. "everybody here is harbouring mutant dna, and have some sort of special power, ability, trait that makes unique and superhuman."

"what are your guys' superpowers?" seonghwa asks, fully invested in this new life that he had found himself in so suddenly too. mingi already knew jeno's power but jaemin's was unknown to all 5 of them.

jaemin just smiles and the group watch as flower petals begin to shower from the sky, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. just in front of wooyoung blossomed a cherry blossom tree, practically instantaneously, blooming out of the smallest crack in the concrete that none of them could've seen. they couldn't help but stop walking and watch as the tree grows at an impossibly fast speed.

"flora germination and blossoming." he grins gently at their amazement and wide eyes, giggling and whispering between them as the flower petals disintegrated the closer they fell to the ground. he withered the cherry blossom tree as well until it disappeared and chuckled slightly at the sparkle that filled their eyes.

if only they each knew the amount of power that each of them held on their own. jaemin should be the one oohing and aahing at them but he doesn't mind showing off his own powers every now and then too. he figured they'd discover the true extent of their mutant energy in due time.

suddenly the light shower of flower petals was replaced with snow. pale white frozen water drifting over them even though they were indoors.

the 5 look over and see jeno with an equally as wide smile as jaemin. "i have hydrokinesis, or water manipulation."

"ahh, so water and earth, your powers are elemental." yeosang acknowledges and the two nod, giving each other a light high five.

"i have fire powers! i'm just like you guys!" mingi exclaims out of excitement, preparing to show off some of his own abilities.