20

The next morning, Lauren found Ally cuddled into one of her arms while Levi was held in her other one. Her gun in her hand laid on Ally's hip as she slept, she figured she had gotten cold.

Levi was babbling softly to himself as he played with Lauren's fingers. Lauren looks out the store window and sees the storm clouds gathering.

"Fuck." She mutters then hears something move with in the store. She stills herself and tries to listen again.

Lauren hears something coming from the restroom, and carefully gets up. She grabs her gun and clocks it back, putting her finger on the trigger. The light is on. Slowly she walks towards to bathroom that was closed.

She could hear someone behind the door. She grabs the handle and swings the door open, but drops her gun as she sees Billie smoking a blunt.

"Um want a hit?"

-

Billie was sitting in the front seat of the car with her arms crossed over her chest like a child in trouble. "I said I was sorry!"

"Sorry? Your ass is grass young lady." Lauren barks at her and continues to drive. Dinah giggles, "Well young blood, you snag that at the mall? Or have you secretly been puffing behind our backs since the hotel?"

Dustin taps Dinah's shoulders, "Since the mall."

Ally shakes her head, "It's not that we are trying to keep you away from it but sweetie it's bad for your lungs your still so young." 

Billie groans, "I'm not a child! Definitely not your child either!" Billie says directly at Lauren. "Wether you're my child or not you're gonna keep your ass clean and sober, nobody in this group will be smoking any-."

Lauren was cut off by the sound of a lighter turning on and she turns to see Dinah lighting the blunt out the window, "What?"

Ally grabs it and throws it out the window, "Not around the baby." Camila plays with Levi, "Dustin how do you feel about being the only boy besides Levi in the group?"

Dustin shrugs, "Can't really tell, Dinah and Lauren are really boys but in woman bodies, and Billie doesn't know how to act like a lady once so ever." Billie flicks him off, and Ally lightly smacks her arm and smiles at them.

The road was bumpy, and was beginning to turn into dirt roads. Dinah kept knocking down zombies with her bat as they drove past them to entertain herself. "We have to go through the swamps, it'll lead us to a bridge, and on the other side of that bridge is a town that leads to Houston." Camila says.

The rain was beginning to pour even more and harder. "You know it's hurricane season...doesn't look like it's gonna let up." Dinah says.

"Let's just drive till we find the next safe place, these towns will be surrounded by zombies." Lauren says and slows down her driving. She didn't want to fight against the flooding roads.

She had hit a couple of road bumps, and a couple of non road bumps. "So do you guys believe there is a cure?" Dustin asks.

"The files we keep finding, they're like puzzle pieces, the one at the mall labeled the cure into number form, 1, 10, 10, 25." Lauren says. "Think they're coordinates?" Camila asks. "No they would've gone there by now...the cure is out there if they killed that biochemist lady over it." Lauren responds.

"Wish my parents were here, they were former pharamaceutical scientists, they taught at the university...maybe they'd know something about something." Ally mentions.

"There was rumors that the outbreak was an attempt of a cure for enhancing white blood cells," Dinah says, "Whatever the hell those people made enhanced something."

The car goes back to being silent. Lauren looks in her mirror and looks back to Ally who was falling asleep with Levi. Why was she in CEDA files? What did she have to do with the outbreak?

Who really is Ally?