26

Chloe smirks at Dinah who still has her gun up. "Dinah I think we are good." Camila says and lowers Dinah's hand.

"Chloe what's going...on?" two y'all men come in from down the hallway and see Dinah and Camila. "Oh hello there."

"What's up." The older man says. Dinah smiles, "Friend or foe?"

The man with the beard smiles back, "Definitely foe, let's take em as prisoners." He says to his group. Dinah holds her hand out, "Dinah Jane-."

"Hansen! You're like one of the best players in the WNBA!" Chloe exclaims. "Don't fan girl so hard you'll scare her off, the names Jacob, Jacob Elordi."

"And I'm Joe Manganeillo." Joe shakes Dinah's then Camila's hand. "Camila Hamilton, very nice to meet you all."

"Is there anymore of you?" Jacob asks and Camila nods her head, "Yes we are on our way to Houston." Dinah motions for them to follow, "We are heading to Houston too, we are evacuating with the boat CEDA has provided." Joe says. Everyone enters the room and Lauren was quick to point her gun at the new survivors.

"Woah woah we are cool Lauren they're good." Dinah says and Lauren lowers her gun, "My bad."

Dinah introduces the new ones and Lauren introduces herself, "I'm Lauren Jauregui, this is Dustin and Billie and little Levi," She points to the two in the corner and shows him the sleeping baby in her arms. Ally walks up to Joe first, "And I'm Ally, it's very nice to meet you."

Joe takes Ally's hand and kisses it, "Very nice to meet all of you."

Jacob looks at Ally, "Hey did you go to Trinity Highscool? You know the one in San Antonio?" Ally nods, "Don't tell me you were a Mustang too?"

Jacob smirks, "All the way, I think you were a grade level above me but I surely recognize you." Dinah nearly laughs at the expression Lauren has watching Jacob talk to Ally but Lauren rolls her eyes and begins to talk, "We are heading to the boat in Houston, we have to get through this swamp, there's a bridge on the other side that leads to a small town but there's a road that'll take us straight to Houston." Lauren explains. Joe nods, "I worked in the labs for CEDA, I was traveling with a group of soldiers like yourself but we were ambushed and I was the only one who made it."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Camila tells him. "We leave in an hour, Camila and I are gonna map out the rest of the way, you all can stay in here and eat." Lauren says. She leaves with Camila, and Joe follows. Jacob and Dinah talk while Billie sits by Chloe. "So how'd you end up with those two?"

"They found me in a pizzeria I was working at when this all went down, they said the boat meant safety so I'm kinda just here." Chloe says. Billie smiles at her, "You were flipping pizzas during a zombie apocalypse?"

"Gotta keep myself busy, besides you'd thank me if you tried on of my pizzas."

"My names Billie." Billie says and Chloe chuckles, "I know your mom already told us."

Ally chuckles hearing Chloe call Lauren, Billie's mom knowing it would aggravate her. "That's not my mom, if I'm gonna claim anyone as my guardian it's Ally."

Chloe looks at Ally, "You know that name sounds familiar."

"It's one of the most basic names you can hear." Dustin says. Dinah smacks his head, "You're a most basic name."

"That didn't even make sense."

"You don't make sense."

"Allyyyyy!"

"Dinah leave him alone."

-

Joe watches Camila and Lauren figure things out. "If we keep going straight we will it but that means we are gonna be bumping into trees and stuff."

"It'll be too long to stay on the road." Lauren says. Joe speaks up, "We saw a boat on the way in here, it seems as if it would hold all of us."

Lauren looks at Camila, "I mean we can maneuver through the swamp, and we won't have to be in the water."

Camila nods, "Thanks Joe...what did you do before this if you don't mind me asking."

"I was a government agent and scientist located in San Antonio."

Lauren nods, "You wouldn't happen to know how the virus started would you?"

"Yes I do, some kooks were experimenting on expanding and enhancing human life in a University near me, they definitely got what they wanted."

Lauren nods. She's reminded of Ally telling her about her parents teaching at the University. Joe and Camila leave the room to eat but Lauren stays put. She brings out her folders again.

She looks again at the newer folders and sees an updated number.

Cure: 1. 12. 12. 25.
(If you guys figure it out I'll give you a cookie)

"What the hell could that mean? Why did it change?" Lauren mutters to herself. She looks at the rest of her files. The dead scientist. The man Ally was with.

Lauren connects some of the dots. "Ally's parents must've been working with them, they were the ones that started this shit."

"Started what?"

Lauren looks back at Ally who was holding some food in her hand. Lauren closes the folders and stands up, "Nothing, I'm just blabbering."

Ally nods and puts Lauren's food on the table, then hugs her. "I need you to promise me something." Ally starts. Lauren was playing with her hair, but acknowledges her, "Anything."

Ally pulls away and looks into Lauren's eyes, "If anything happens to me, I want you to take care of the kids..."

Lauren cups her face, "Hey don't talk like that, I'm not gonna promise nothing because you're not going anywhere."

Ally kisses Lauren, "I just have to make sure, I love those kids more than anything in the world now." Lauren kisses her cheek, "I know...they're practically ours now, I don't think I could give them up to anyone."

Lauren moves Ally's hair out of her face, "I wouldn't give you up either, nothing could take you away from me." Lauren tells her.

Ally doesn't say anything. She just hugs Lauren once again.

Lauren felt guilty for lying to Ally but she felt as if Ally was lying to her. Ally was hiding something and Lauren was gonna find out one way or another.