22

"Lauren where is she?" Camila asks as she notices Dinah hasn't come up yet. Lauren drops her stuff onto the higher ground and looks back, "She was just behind me..."

Camila panics, "Lauren where is she!" She grabs Lauren but Lauren shoves her off, "Stay here!" And jumps back into the freezing flood water. Billie and Dustin stood under a tree with Levi to keep somewhat dry. Camila tried to get back into the water but Ally holds her back, "Ally she should've came back up!" Camila cries.

Ally was about to say something till she saw the red appear in the water. Her and Camila gasp and Ally has to hold Camila tighter to keep her from jumping in. "Ally let me go!" Camila cries, and Ally just holds onto her as she cries with her friend.

Suddenly Lauren pops out of the water, dragging a lifeless Dinah through the water to the small piece of land they were on. Camila smiles for a moment until she sees how pale Dinah looked.

How dead and cold she looked. Lauren holds back her tears as she holds onto her friend. "You're gonna be okay- you're gonna be just fine DJ." She trembles as she lays Dinah's body down.

Her lips with blue, and eyes with blank. Ally finally lets go of Camila as they rush over to her. "Dinah!" She screams and tries to shake her awake. Lauren sits with her head in her lap as she slowly lets her tears finally fall. "She killed the charger...I guess she ran out of breathe I don't know..." Lauren mumbles.

Camila sobs into her chest, and Ally looks back at a sobbing Dustin as Billie held him. They didn't need to be close to know what happened.

Ally wipes her tears, and yanks her jacket off. She pushes Camila off of Dinah, and places her jacket under Dinah's neck to tilt her head back. "Ally what are you-."

"I'm trying! Stay back!" Ally begins to perform CPR, starting her chest compressions on Dinah. She uses all her might to push down on her chest, and gives Dinah two rescue breathes. She checks for anything, a pulse, a breathe and gets nothing so Ally continues her chest compressions once more.

Lauren held Camila as they watched her desperately try and bring Dinah back. Camila cries as she sees the kids, they were so young and had witnessed so much death.

Lauren starts to reach for Ally, "I think that's enough Ally..."

Ally shakes her head, and gives Dinah two more breathes, and checks again for anything. "I'm not giving up on you Dinah, come on!"

Ally slams her fist down on Dinah's chest, making her body jerk back to life.

Dinah violently throws up a tremendous amount of water, and everyone screams in joy. "Dinah!" Camila drops to her knees and hugs the girl. Dinah was too in shock to hug her back and lays herself back.

She was processing what just happened and looks at Ally, "Knew you were into me, next time you want a kiss just ask."

Ally wipes her tears and smiles at her, "Welcome back you big dummy."

Dinah reaches for her hand, "Thank you Ally."

-

The group had found a two story house nearby to rest till the rain stopped. Dinah laid her head on Camila's lap as she spoon fed her soup. "I feel like my insides are ice." Dinah says. She messes with the bandage on her head that Ally put on her. Camila slaps her hand.

Billie comes back with Levi from the bathroom with her bucket, "Okay who's next?"

Their wasn't any hot water so Lauren has been heating water up with the stove. Lauren grabs her bucket and fills the one Billie had, "Think that's me, Ally still in there?"

"Yes, but she was finishing up...surprised you didn't join her." Billie snickers. Lauren rolls her eyes and heads to the bathroom. She hears Ally's singing again.

Knocking first, Ally looks back and motions for Lauren to come in. She was wrapped in a towel sitting on the sink. "I'm not intruding or anything am I?" Lauren smirks and watches Ally brush her wet hair. Ally gives her a look, "Nothing you haven't seen Lauren."

Lauren comes up from behind Ally and kisses her shoulder, "You were amazing today..." Lauren rubs Ally's shoulders in comfort, and Ally reaches to grab her hand, "Thank you...I don't know if I could've stopped till she woke up."

Lauren fully hugs Ally from behind, "I was wrong about you." she says into her shoulder. Ally crinkles her forehead, "What do you mean?"

Lauren looks at Ally through the mirror, "I mean when we first met I could've sworn you wouldn't make it to the Hotel...you're not useless...I wouldn't be here right now with out you." Lauren confesses. Ally releases a shaky breathe, and wipes her tears.

"Why are you crying?" Lauren asks softly and Ally turns herself around to look her in her eyes, "How do you not see it yet?"

Lauren gently cups her face, "See what?"

Ally grabs Lauren's hands that are on her face, and smiles, "That I am falling in love with you."

A/n- if only there wasn't a specific author that likes to ruin these moments with just a big amount of bad