The dark angel Part 20

Ch 20

<Michiru>

Shirou: It's been three months since Michiru ran away. None of our efforts to find her have succeeded... Even I can't find her! Where did she go?

Barbara: I have no clue... we've double checked the whole island, each rooftop, every basement... She can't vanish that way, she must be somewhere...

Shirou: Last time I saw her, she had escaped the hospital and seemed to have something important to tell me... I wonder what did she want...

Barbara: We might have to give up, there's nothing we can do about this at all...

Shirou: (disappointed) We might.

Barbara: Did you find any evidence against the cult?

Shirou: The cult often solves incidents in Anima City through their fake Ginrou, and I may have found something suspicious...

Barbara: Hmm?

Shirou: It is strange that these incidents began taking place after that fake Ginrou returned.

Barbara: (curious) So what's your point?

Shirou: The cult is doing fake shows for the fake Ginrou, to make her earn popularity.

Barbara: So..? How are you gonna figure that out?

Shirou: (thoughtful) ...We'd need a Ginrou's close friend... it'll be hard..

Barbara: (understanding) Which means.. we ought to find her...

(meanwhile)

Nazuna: We have already earned the support of most of the beastmen in animacity, what's next now?

Boris: (excited) Ooh, next? I'm so happy now.

Nazuna: huh?

Boris: I found some of Alan's old notes...

Nazuna: (curious) Yes..?

Boris: There was info about how Shirou became immortal.

Nazuna: Huh...?

Boris: Through the murder of 1000 beastman, earn immortality.

Nazuna: (scared) Wait... you aren't gonna kill 1000 beastman, aren't you?--

Boris: Of course not. 999 will be killed.

Nazuna: ... that still leaves one.

Boris: There is a note that says the blood of the last beastman must be on the hands of the immortal.

Nazuna: So...?

Boris: Your best friend.. must be.. killed with your own hands.

Nazuna: (terrified) ...You're kidding right?

Nazuna: I won't do that...! (whispering) I don't even know if she's alive anymore...

Boris: She'll be perfect as a guide to Anima City.

Boris: After you earn immortality, you'll become the true god.

Nazuna: ...so.. I have to murder...

Boris: It'll be easy, just stab her.

Nazuna(talking to herself, devastated): How in the world is that easy...

Nazuna: I. can't do that.

Boris: No. You have to, Ginrou. 

End of chapter 20