The dark angel Part 23

Ch 23

<Depression>

Barbara: It's been a few months since Michiru disappeared, and you've found her unharmed... yet you let her go. Why, if I may ask?

Shirou: (hesitating) The shock. I just was surprised I couldn't track her for two months and that I just happened to find her.

Barbara: (curious) That doesn't sound like something you would say...

Shirou: (staring at the ceiling) She looked miserable. She didn't talk much, but by the things she said, I'd swear she's affected by something.

Barbara: What do you suggest, then?

Shirou: I don't really know about that Boris, but he looks manipulative and calculating. We better be careful.

Barbara: (handling a few papers) These seemed to be from the laboratory in which Alan made the vaccine. Remember?

Shirou: (cautious) Yes.. they smell like so. What's the matter with them?

Barbara: According to these papers, the second highest level of safety included Boris...

Shirou: (fearing the worst behind a calm look) And?

Barbara: (nervous) In that level, information such as Alan's "condition" and the way you became inmortal was shared

Shirou: (piecing things toguether) If Boris is up to what he seems to be up, I have to go now.

Barbara: What?Shirou: (running towards the elevator) Tell the police to be ready. I'll track Boris and the police will-

Barbara: (scared) SHIROU! What in the world do you think he is planning?

Shirou: He's trying to make the fake Ginrou real. The same way I was turned into Ginrou. He's planning to kill a thousand people to make that girl immortal.

Barbara: 1000 random people?

Shirou: I can't figure out specific details yet. The sure thing is that if that girl becomes immortal, the dream of the cult will be achieved and the cult will have too much power.

Shirou: The government will become useless. The leader of the cult will have everything...

Barbara: (concerned) What..should we do...

Shirou: (sigh) We'll have to stop them from killing 1000 beastman.

(meanwhile, in an unknown place)

Michiru: Alright, this is a hidden place. I'll be ok.. everything will be ok...if there's no me. Na... Ginrou will have achieved her real dream. This is not something I can handle, I'll leave everything up to them.

Michiru: I'll just rest, I'm so tired.

(meanwhile, in the slums)

Boris: Then.. I think I told you the details of the massacre then. Should we start?

Nazuna: Alright...

End of chapter 23