The dark angel Part 32

Ch 32

<Tension rising>

Mayor Rose: go take the rest of the day off, you've earned it.

Shirou: Right...

Mayor Rose: I hope you have a good time, Oogami.

Shirou: (sadly) ... See you later, mayor.

(present day)

Boris: Well, we lost her..

Boris: Our plan worked,but in the end... nevermind.

Boris: We'll try to find a way to get her back.

Boris: Any notice of Ginrou's whereabouts?

Cult member: Traces of her. It stopped suddenly. HOWEVER, we returned the next day and found her trail picked up again from the same spot.

Boris: Really? (Boris doesn't seem to believe the cult members story)

Cult member: I swear on my life and on ginrou that what i'm telling you is the truth.

Boris: So that would make her power... teleportation? But why would she go back to the same spot?

Boris: How many members do we have at the moment?

Cult member: Around ten thousand last i checked, why?

Boris: we're going to deploy everyone around the city to capture her, that way even if she teleports she shouldn't be able to get away

Cult member: That's a really good idea. But what if she just teleports out of the city? She's popular enough out there she could probably find shelter.

Boris: I highly doubt she has that much control over it, that first teleport was likely a random jump hence why she didn't show up at places she normally hangs out at.

Cult member: I see, when will we start?

Boris: immediately, begin letting people know.

(The cult member leaves)

Boris: I still don't understand why she went back to the same spot... could i be missing something?

(meanwhile)

Shirou: (waking up) I needed that break a lot more then i realized.

(He microwaves himself food and sits down to watch some tv)

News reporter: There was a massive gas explosion in the slums yesterday many beastmen were caught in the destruction. Stay tuned for more... (it cuts to a commercial break)

Shirou: A gas explosion? That's not even close to what happened... (he waits for the report to continue)

News reporter: (standing on the street where michiru was killed) The gas was in the air before it blew up, no one seemed to notice as they inhaled fatal amounts of gas. Then in this street something happened and the explosion was set off.

(The camera shows the numerous charred buildings around the area)News reporter: In the aftermath of the incident numerous smaller explosions were set off underground leading towards the docks. (the camera shows the trail of destruction left by the rampaging beastman)

News reporter: the explosions were not nearly as powerful as the first but still destroyed all buildings caught in it. Among the numerous casualities some witnesses also report seeing the runaway baseball star, Michiru Kagemori near the area where the first explosion occurred, it is unconfirmed whether or not she was caught in the blast as her body has not been found.

(The camera shows the bears putting up missing posters of michiru)

News reporter: Thankfully the rest of her teammates are unharmed and are still hopeful Michiru will be found before their next set of games starts.

News reporter: Now then, as for theories behind the cause of this...

(Shirou stops listening and calls the mayor)

Shirou: Have you seen the news? Did you do that?Mayor Rose: No... no, I didn't... It seems the cult is much larger then i realized.

Shirou: So that whole cover up was them? Which is why Nazuna wasn't mentioned at all?

Mayor Rose: My guess is they want her to come into a situation she wasn't involved in and save the day, only further improving their reputation.

Mayor Rose: How was your rest?

Shirou: Great, I'm ready to get back to work today.

Mayor Rose: Good, i'm going to look into the news company, you just try to find nazuna before the cult can.

Shirou: Any leads on her?

Mayor Rose: None unfortunately.

Shirou: Understood, i'll get going right away then.

Mayor Rose: Alright, stay safe.

Shirou: You too.

(they hang up)

Mayor Rose: Koichi!

Mayor's assistant (Koichi): Yes Mayor?

Mayor Rose: Look into that news outlet please.

Koichi: On it.

(He nods and leaves)

Mayor Rose: (Sighs and looks out her window while frowning) Problems keep coming, huh?

End of chapter 32