The dark angel Part 28

Ch 28

<The truth>

Shirou: (nervous, running) Where did they go? (he came back to where he left Michiru and nazuna but couldn't find them)

(Shirou begins sniffing around)

Shirou: Nazuna went that way but... where's michiru? I can only pick up her scent on nazuna. I must be coming down with a cold or something, chances are she's with her.

Shirou: All those other people must be police... no, they smell a bit off but i can't figure out why...

(Shirou heads in the direction nazuna went, still unable to figure out who the people around her are)

Shirou: Emergency workers maybe? She seemed to be quite exhausted, she may have fainted.

Shirou: Actually... (he sneezes, a bit of sea water comes out of his nose as he does)

Shirou: That's better! Now then... Shoot! This just gets worse and worse! (Shirou recognized the smell of the other people as cult members and began running towards the source of the smell)

(Shirou turns a corner just as a cult member puts an unconscious Nazuna in the back seat of a van)

Shirou: Hey!

Cult member: start the car! (he jumps in the passenger seat of the van and the van starts speeding away from shirou)

(shirou jumps and manages to grab the back of the car just as it starts speeding away, grunting in pain as he begins to be dragged across the ground)

Driver cult member: Good, i think we lost him.

(the car slows down as shirou climbs onto the roof)

Shirou: Not even close... (He says as he grabs the member in the passenger seat and throws them out of the car)

Driver cult member: What the?! (he floors the gas pedal)

Shirou: (now sitting in the passenger seat after climbing through the window) stop the car! (he reaches for the steering wheel)

Driver cult member: Not a chance! (he pulls a knife out of his pocket and stabs Shirou's arm that was holding the wheel)

(Shirou's hand instinctively pulls back causing the car to swerve and crash into a nearby building)

Shirou: ow... (he pulls the knife from his arm and looks around)

(The cult member was thrown from the car and into the building. He's unconscious but doesn't seem to be gravely injured)

(shirou turns to the back seat to find a confused but unharmed nazuna getting up from the floor)

Nazuna: (slowly, while waking up) ...Huh? Shirou?! (Nazuna burst into tears)

Shirou: she must be in the trunk (shirou jumps out of the car and goes around to the trunk, ignoring nazuna for the moment)

(Shirou opens the empty truck and runs back around to nazuna)

Shirou: she must be in another vehicle, i must have just missed her being taken to a different place (he thinks to himself as he opens the van door to find nazuna in tears)

Shirou: Where is she? Did you see where she was taken? Is she still in the slums? Perhaps in another vehicle?

(Nazuna looks up at him and buries her face in her hands, crying harder)

Shirou: Hey, i need you to talk to me so i can save her.

Nazuna: (cries harder for a second, then talks between sobs) it's too late...

Shirou: you didn't see where she went then, fine. i'll just retrace my steps and look for her scent.

(Shirou notices some blood on nazuna's arm)

Shirou: Wait, thats not your blood. Whose is it? (he sniffs it)

Shirou: but thats... so the entire time i thought i hard her scent it was coming from you? how come?

Nazuna: I didn't want to...

Shirou: huh?

Nazuna: i tried to go back, but now?! after so many died? what was i thinking...

Shirou: look it-

Nazuna: I'M SUCH AN IDIOT! (a fresh, thick stream of tears start falling down nazuna's face)

Shirou: i don't-

Nazuna: (in a hollow voice) I don't know where they took her body but she's gone, shirou! Boris made my kill her with my own hands, and now... now... I can't even join her!

Shirou: (shocked, terrified) No way... but i was sure i knocked him out...

Nazuna: YOU messed up, it's all your fault! (Nazuna points to him angerly as she starts climbing out of the car)

Shirou: (angry) Don't blame this on me! You're the one who killed her! (his voice cracks as a bitter, single tear rolls down his cheeck)

(Nazuna steps back, looking hurt by the accusation even though she just admitted it herself)

(without saying a word Nazuna runs away down an alley)

Shirou: wait! (he runs into the alley)

(Shirou rushes out the other side of the alley into a crownd of people)

Shirou: What the...? where did she go?

Shirou: (kneeling, devastated. Another single, bitter tear falls) I lost her...

End of chapter 28