CHAPTER 11

Chloe was sitting with Lucifer in the living room of the penthouse waiting for Dan. She'd had Maze take Trixie out for a bit, so her daughter wouldn't witness the fight that was certain to go down. She didn't know how Dan would react to her having a baby with Lucifer, but she knew for certain that he wasn't going to react well to what they had to say about Kinley.

Chloe turned to Lucifer. "You don't have to stay for this if you don't want to. I can deal with Dan on my own."

"Absolutely not, Detective. I will not leave you to deal with Detective Douche on your own. He will not be allowed to disrespect you the way he did the last time you met with him," Lucifer said firmly.

Chloe smiled. "Thank you, but Dan is probably going to take it out on you when we tell him about Kinley. You shouldn't have to deal with that." That was especially true since it was Chloe that brought Kinley into their lives, not Lucifer. He hadn't done anything wrong. But given how Dan had been acting lately, he was going to blame Lucifer regardless.

"I don't care. I'm not worried about anything he may say to me. I will not leave you to do this on your own," Lucifer said.

Chloe nodded.

Just then, Dan stepped off the elevator. "Where's Trixie? I wanna leave now."

Chloe stood up. "Maze took her for ice cream. They'll be back soon. We need to talk about something."

"No, I don't want to talk to you. Have Maze bring her out to the car when she gets back," Dan said before turning back to the elevator.

"No. I don't care how pissed you are. You have no choice but to talk to me. We are Trixie's parents. We have to communicate," Chloe said firmly.

"Yeah, well, I don't have to communicate with him," Dan said before turning his glare to Lucifer.

"Yes, you do. He's a part of my life and Trixie's. He is a part of our family," Chloe said.

"Just because you're living with doesn't make him family. He's your roommate. He'll never be Trixie's family," Dan spat.

Lucifer stood up and smirked at the man in front of him. "Your child is the older sibling to my unborn child, Daniel. I would say that is pretty close to us being family. She seems to think it makes us so anyway."

Chloe sighed. She wasn't thrilled that Lucifer had told him like that, but at the same time, she could understand his desire to throw the information in Dan's face, given how Dan had been acting towards him. Honestly, Chloe was quickly tiring of his crap too.

Dan was taken aback when Lucifer's words registered to him and he turned to Chloe for her to deny it. She said nothing. Lucifer had basically just said that she was pregnant with his kid, and she wasn't saying anything. "Tell me he's pulling another one of his pranks. You can't really be that stupid, Chloe."

"Excuse me?" Chloe asked offended.

"Don't you dare disrespect her again!" Lucifer growled.

Dan ignored Lucifer and focused on his ex-wife. "You should know better than this! To get knocked up by him of all people?! You think he's going to take care of you and your kid? He's gonna take off on you the first chance he gets. I'm surprised he hasn't already. And, hell, that would probably the best case scenario. Worse would be him sticking around and turning the kid into a mini version of himself!"

"Hey! Back off now! You have no business saying any of this!" Chloe yelled.

"Oh, let him be, Detective. His opinion means nothing to me. Why should I care about the opinion of a man who wasn't even there for his own child until a couple of years ago?" Lucifer asked.