Chapter 15

"You're so stubborn. You canceled your surgery just because you found out that my parents died" Lisa said while fixing Irene's blanket. Irene is still at the hospital, she needs to stay there to stay alive as well. The machine that's hooked at her body is the only thing that keeps her breath.

Their friends went out to grab some food and Mr. Bae, still, didn't come back since he left.

"Look who's not stubborn that keeps on minding some whore instead of her parents," Irene said, almost a whisper then rolled her eyes playfully.

Lisa just chuckles then sat at the chair just beside Irene.

"You know she's your friend right? And she's still my girlfriend" Lisa said while smiling as she grabbed Irene's hand to play with it, not wanting to look at the latter's eyes.

"No. She's not my friend anymore since the day she cheated and another no for your last sentence... She's someone's now Lisa. I'm not saying this to hurt you more but it's true... She's not yours anymore" Irene said while looking intently at Lisa's eyes.

"You guys are like a sister... I don't want to be the reason for you to cut your tie with each other" Lisa said. Still not looking at Irene and just continued playing with the latter's hand.

"You didn't and will never be. Me... And the others... Didn't choose your side. We didn't take any sides, Lisa... We just don't want to tolerate such cheating and the fact that you're also our friend? That's enough reason for us to get mad at her because she hurt you" Irene said, not looking anywhere but into Lisa's eyes. Hoping that she'll look back at her too.

Lisa sighed then placed Irene's hand on the bed again then finally look at her.

"Take the surgery unnie. I know you're worried but I swear... I'll be mad at you and to myself that you choose to stay in that state because of me," Lisa said while smiling softly at the older girl.

"It's worth it though" Irene whispered to herself but Lisa heard it.

"Wha—"

"Excuse me, ma'am. Miss Bae needs to take her medicine" a nurse suddenly went inside the room.

"Oh. Okay," Lisa stand up then look at Irene again.

"Take the surgery as soon as possible okay?" Lisa said then kissed Irene's forehead before smiling at the nurse and leave the room.

"She's asleep?" Joy asked when she saw Lisa outside the room. The gang just arrived with coffee and food.

"No. The nurse is inside, she's taking her medicine. You guys can go inside if you want" Lisa answered.

"Eat first Lisa" Wendy handed her the plastic bag with foods which she gladly takes. Even if she's not in the mood to eat, she doesn't want to make her friends worry anymore.

"Rosé and Jisoo excused themselves, their company need them. They said they'll just go back and will just finish everything today" Seulgi said then sat beside Yeri.

"You guys should work on your company too, you know?" Lisa said while munching her food.

"Nah... It's fine. Irene unnie needs us. You. Needs us" Seulgi answered.

"She's right Lis. The company can continue its work without us. We just need to check the stocks and processes. We're just assigned to make it rise by attending meetings, appointments, finishing projects, and proposals, etc... Soon, you'll understand that because you'll be handling your own company" Yeri said then took a bite of her food.

"Are you saying that I don't know anything about running a company? I'm hurt" Lisa said then placed her hand at her chest to add to her act that made the four chuckle.