Doodles of Rosalind Persephone Grindelwald

"Ask him on a date

"Ask him on a date."

"I can't just ask him out."

"You really can."

"He'll think I have a crush on him."

"You're engaged Benjamin!"

"So?"

"Mother of Merl-" Rosalind sighed, rolling her eyes at the man, "You're driving me insane."

Benjamin's face twisted in annoyance, "I'm sorry, are my relationship problems disturbing you?"

"Yes." Rosalind deadpanned.

Rosalind had been temporarily living in the small apartment for the past few months (since she had been fired from her cashier job which was definitely not her fault!), Benjamin had been insisting on redecorating the space since she had moved in. But Rosalind knew this was his own way of reaching out for help without actually having to say the words out loud. He just wanted to spend time with his best friend, which is how the rant about Cupid Johnson began over thirty minutes ago.

"You've never dated anyone, so I don't know why I'm coming to you for advice."

"That's because you make it look like so much fun; the tears, bad sex and multiple arguments a day about where to go for food." Rosalind shuddered at just the thought of it, "I can't believe I'm missing out on such a fun and happy experience."

Benjamin threw his hands in the air, clearly exasperated with the conversation, "I'm never coming to you for love advice agai-"

The man was cut off as Rosalind started to laugh, failing to hide it behind her ink covered hands.

He glared at her, "What's happening? What's so funny?"

Rosalind giggled, "You would just assume there wouldn't be a need for love advice considering the man you are engaged to is called bloody Cupid."

"Fuck off," He cracked a smile, not even attempting to hide his own amusement, "it is pretty funny."

The two giggled.

Rosalind Persephone Grindelwald was not one to leave her safe place. Unless she had a job to attend to, which was rare, as she had a habit for getting herself fired in the first month of employment (Benjamin called this a talent, and Rosalind reluctantly agreed). She could usually be found sat on her beloved velvet, green couch, listening to rock music and doodling on her forearms with her multi-coloured pen collection. 

But she never complained about her simple life, she was a simple woman with simple desires. Perhaps being a twenty-six-year-old adult, she should crave a steady career and a marriage, but she just didn't. Rosalind was content.

The one and only reason she was content was because of her best friend, Benjamin Nilsson. They were alike in nearly every possible way, but different in the ways that made the best friendships last. They knew each other well, maybe even too well.