Doodles of Christmas

Rosalind had never particularly enjoyed Christmas

Rosalind had never particularly enjoyed Christmas. Of course she had some fond memories of her and Benjamin spending Christmas together, exchanging badly wrapped gifts and nearly burning down their apartment due to neither of them having any skills in the cooking department. It had always been just the two of them.

She would never admit it out loud in fear of hurting Benjamin's feelings but she had always dreamt of spending Christmas with a large amount of people. She also had a suspicion that Benjamin wished for the same thing, especially now that Remus was in the picture.

Rosalind's first memory of Christmas was less then happy. It was when she had no control over the obscurus, locked in a cage and alone.

Very, very alone.

But now she had someone to wake up next to, someone to share greetings with and someone to spoil rotten with presents. Sirius made her happy. Over the past month of their relationship there had been some moments of apprehension, mostly on her behalf as Rosalind had experienced many firsts with Sirius.

However, now as Sirius looked down at the woman with a sweet smile on his face, Rosalind didn't feel any apprehension.

Rosalind was content.

"Merry Christmas." Sirius whispered, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Merry Christmas." She repeated his sentiment, warm blush on her cheeks as she grabbed his hand and dragged him out of his bedroom and towards her own.

"Oi!" Sirius groaned dramatically, making grabby hands towards his bed.

Once again Rosalind was reminded that Sirius was not a morning person.

"Why are we leaving the bed? Bed good, hallway bad." Sirius exclaimed.

Rosalind let out a laugh, doubling her efforts to drag the man out of his bedroom. "Because I would rather not spend Christmas morning in a bedroom with posters of naked women on the walls."

It was now Sirius' turn to blush out of embarrassment. "You've never complained about them before."

"Christmas is the time for honesty." She looked him directly in the eyes as she spoke. "I hate them."

"Noted." Sirius grumbled under his breath before smirking, "Is that the only reason you're dragging me so harshly into your bedroom? Not that I'm complaining about the harsh part."

Rosalind sighed. "Must your mind always be in the gutter?"

"There is no where else a mind should be." Sirius retorted, lips twitching into a small amused smile when he heard her sigh for the second time.

Before Sirius could speak again the couple had reached Rosalind's bedroom. (It was equally as messy as Sirius' but at least there was no posters of naked men on the walls)