Doodles of Emmeline Vance

(Molly Quinn as Enmeline Vance)

Jealously was a bitch but not as much of a bitch as Emmeline Vance was

She was everywhere and anywhere Rosalind went. When she entered the kitchen to join Sirius for their annual morning coffee, she saw her sat in Rosalind's seat and chatting happily over coffee. She was even in the library reading a book opposite Sirius, both enjoying each others presence in the quiet room.

It's not that Rosalind disliked the woman, in all honesty she had been kind and lovely to Rosalind in their limited interactions. They were limited due to Rosalind's behaviour, in fact if anyone was being a bitch it was Rosalind.

But she just couldn't help it.

When everyone had been introduced to Emmeline and the previously anonymous women, Rosalind had immediately found her to be the most beautiful women she had ever seen. Now it seemed that Sirius shared that sentiment. Sirius and Rosalind had spoke about Emmeline the night before when Sirius had asked her what she thought Emmeline and the women were speaking about. She didn't think much of the question at the time; maybe she felt some jealously but she knew she didn't have a reason to be jealous.

One reason being that Sirius had only asked the question out of curiosity, not romantic interest. Secondly, Sirius and Emmeline had never spoken a word to each other. Finally, Sirius wasn't hers to be jealous over.

"Rosalind." Sirius stated as he saw her enter the dining room, confused look on the woman's face. "You're looking a lot like a lost puppy this morning."

"Well you'd know about puppy's wouldn't you, snuffles?"

"Someone's snappy today." Sirius' amused voiced called out as he made room for her on the couch.

Rosalind snapped her head to the side in order to retort but decided against it, getting annoyed would only prove his point. Sirius being correct made him even more big-headed then usual.

And a big-headed Sirius Black was a very dangerous Sirius Black.

Rosalind's heart dropped as he turned away from her to continue his conversation with Emmeline, who once again was sat in Rosalind's usual seat. She remembered feeling this jealously when he had asked her about Emmeline the other night but this was worse. He was speaking to her, which was completely okay, but what wasn't okay was that he ended his conversation with her to speak to Emmeline. One incident with Emmeline is purely curiosity but a second incident is beyond curiosity.

It's interest.

Emmeline was wonderful in every way that Rosalind found herself to be lacking. She was beautiful with bright and fiery red hair and these unique green eyes that Rosalind had never seen anyone else with. She was also an auror, meaning she was brave and determined, something Rosalind admired greatly about the woman even if she wouldn't ever admit it out loud.