I Wish

A/N: Did some brief research for this so I could write a cutesy fluff oneshot! Hope you enjoy! There is an author's note at the bottom, though, but it has nothing to do with this book. More the ship and the fandom as a whole.

3rd Person POV

July 1st, xx20
06:15

"Guys!" Denki burst into the common room, flooded with energy.

At 06:15.

"The Tanabata Festival is coming super soon!"

One of the festivals of love in Japan was almost upon them.

That caught a few people's attention.

Mina snorted herself awake, Mineta looked at him, even Hagakure's somewhat limp figure seemed more at attention.

Eijirou, who was still half asleep, thought about the Tanabanta festival.

He figured he should've seen it coming, what with Aizawa-sensei placing a decorative bamboo tree in the common room.

That's where, in a week, the students of Class 1-A would write their wishes on the tanzaku and tie them to the tree.

Maybe I could write about becoming a better hero.

"Hey, Kirishima," someone snapped in front of the sleepy redhead's face, making him come back to reality.

His smiley friend, Sero, was in front of him. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking," the redhead mumbled sleepily. "What about you? Doing good?"

"Fine," Sero said around a big yawn. "Know what you're gonna write on your tanzaku?"

"Nah," Eijirou shrugged. "I always suck at thinking of things on time,"

"Me too," Sero sighed. "You eat yet?"

"Had a protein shake,"

"You need real food, Kirishima,"

"I'm fine!"

"Eat,"

"No, really, I'm okay,"

"What's going on?"

Eijirou looked up at the source of the new voice, and his heart stopped.

It was Katsuki Bakugou.

He doesn't remember when or how, but the ash blond had stolen his heart near the beginning of the school year.

He'd gone from imagining romantic scenarios with some random man to imagining them with the hard ass he called his friend.

So, he attempted to make advancements.

Throwing arms around Katsuki's shoulder, being physically closer than any other person dared to go, he tried it all.

And none of it helped him work up the courage to say something.

Because every time he looked into those gorgeous scarlet eyes, his heart would beat erratically, his palms would get cold and clammy, and his face would flush thousands of shades brighter than his hair.

So, when he looked up at Katsuki this morning, nothing was different.

His fair complexion with no blemishes, soft cheeks mixing with a sharp jawline, and spiky locks that looked like he could injure himself on (which was pure deception, as Katsuki's hair was softer than a freshly groomed puppy) made Kirishima panic.

"Is Shitty Hair not eating again?" Katsuki asked.

"He says that he's fine after just a protein shake," Sero responded, gaining a scoff from Katsuki.