CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

We continued to follow Aang down the corridors of the large and cold underground tunnles.

   Where are you leading us, little wispy of smoke?" Aang asked the wisp.

   "Probably somewhere dark and dank." Mai replied.

   "Kind of like where we are now?" Sora asked.

   "Oh it will be worse." Mai told him.

   "You know your cute when you're pessimistic." Sora smiled and I smiled at how cute they were being especially when Mai said. "I've been told." With a smile.

   "Hey, Smoke! Can you wait-" Aang said and then the smoke disappeared through the dragon. "Oh, Monkey Feathers! I bet this is another lock, Sora, you think maybe you could-"

   "No problem, Avatar Aang." Sora said and did so. The door turned sideways creating half an opening while the statue blocked the other end.

   "Looks like a crypt!" Aang said.

   "I'm not going down there." Mai stated.

   I followed Aang glancing at Zuko who was staying with Mai.

   "Sora, Maybe you could come along, in case there's something else to unlock." Aang said

   "...sure." Sora hesitated and we all walked down. We walked down silently before he spoke up. "So Kaida, long time- OWW!"

   He rubbes his shoulder "You joined a society against Zuko?!"
   He looked at me scared like I was crazy and I looked over at Aang. He looked away feeling awkward. I sighed and looked at Sora. "I'm sorry.. It's just I was scared when you and I were supposed to escape on the day of the eclipse."

   "I was going to... But then-" He started to explain.

   "I know." I cut him off. "So why did you leave again?"

   "I still had a crush on you. But we never had a chance." Sora chuckled and I looked at him. "I guess I was sort of jealous- don't worry! I like Mai now!" He smiled after his small panic "And I'm happy that you're happy."

   "Thanks Sora." I smiled feeling better. "And the same for you."

   "Kaida, somethings happening." Aang said as we got to a room. The smoke wisp swirled around and formed a figure.

   "Greetings Avatar." The kemurikage spoke.

   "You... You're one of the Kemurikage- the original ones from long ago." Aang spoke Sora hiding behind him.

   "I am." The Kemurikage confirmed. "For centuries, my sisters and I haunted the warlords of the fire islands. For their crimes, we haunted them.
   We haunted them until the islands were united into a single nation. The first Fire Lord the one who rests in the crypt brought the warlords to justice and ushered in an era of prolonged peace. Our sadness receded. We never again set foot in the human world."

   "But then why return now?" Aang asked "Why are you haunting people again?"

   "I repeat Avatar. From the time of the first Fire Lord until this moment we have not entered your world." The Kemurikage repeated.

   We rushed out and onto Appa as Aang explained everything to Zuko. "I'm telling you, they're not the same spirits as the ones in that scroll!" Aang said.

   "So they're different spirits who just look like the Kemurikage?" Zuko asked.

   "Maybe." Aang replied.

   "Or maybe they're not spirits at all." Mai said.

   "All I know is, on the roof of the flower shop that night? Those ladies looked creepy." Sora said and I rolled my eyes.