'Long live.'

( Lonely Hearts Club )

[ Y/n ]

— TW: drug use / mention of suicide —

Tyler, Victor, and I stood in the kitchen together. Tyler and Victor were at each other's throats, screaming and getting physical occasionally. All of this because I'd found a drug stash under his bed.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN THINKING VICTOR?! PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME BECAUSE I DONT FUCKING UNDERSTAND."

Victor laughed a little and shook his head. "Are you serious? You don't understand? Well, maybe if you EVER FUCKING PAID ATTENTION TO ME YOUD KNOW! I MEAN HONESTLY ID RATHER BE FUCKING DEAD THAN HAVE TO LIVE HERE WITH THE THREE OF YOU. I FUCKING HATE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU."

I covered my mouth and looked down at the ground. My heart just shattered into a million different pieces. I started to cry more noticeably. Up until now I wasn't really doing anything but making sure they weren't physical.

Victor and Tyler were standing too close to each other. "I'm going to fucking kill myself. I'm going to do it. Just know that it is completely your fault.

Victor pushed Tyler and Tyler grabbed Victor. He forced him down onto his back on the floor. I stood up and rushed over to separate the two. "I FUCKING HATE YOU DAD! I REALLY FUCKING DO. YOU'RE SO FUCKED UP! I HATE YOU!" He sobbed, struggling against Tyler.

"Let him go! Let him go!" I cried, pushing Tyler. He finally let him go and Victor almost immediately got up.

I stood up as well and hugged him. He resisted at first, until I started rubbing his head. He hugged me back, crying into my shirt.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"Shhhh, shhhhh..." We stood together silently, me running my fingers through Victor's hair while Tyler gripped the counter.

"Victor I think we're going to need to take you to get you tested." I whispered. "For what?" He asked. "For mental health issues okay?" He nodded and continued to hold onto me.

"I'm tired." He whispered. I nodded and pulled away. Victor looked down at me and I felt my lip quiver.

"Don't cry..." he pleaded. "Victor, I love you so much. If you died I think I would lose my mind. You are the world to me. I can't lose you. I love you so so so much. I always have. Your dad loves you so so so much. That's why he reacted the way he did. He's really scared. If we lost you we'd never forgive ourselves."

Victor stared at me before pulling me into a hug. "I won't kill myself." He whispered. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off of me. I held him tighter, not a single thought passing my mind.

"Mom..." he whispered. I pulled away and he looked at me. "I love you." I felt my chest tighten as I grabbed him again. I squeezed his frail frame, crying harder then I'd ever cried before.

After sending him to bed, Tyler and I didn't speak much. I knew he felt worse than horrible for putting his hands on Victor.

"Are we going to punish him?" Tyler asked. "Most certainly..." I replied. "We'll put him in some rehab stuff and take his phone for a while." I mumbled.

"Should we homeschool him? Just is nothing tempts him?" I thought about it and nodded.