Chapter 15: The arcade

TW cursing. lots of cursing

Glimmers pov

Adora parked in front of the arcade. I got out of the car immediately after she parked and waited for Bow. The moment Bow got out of the car I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside. I walked over to the back of the arcade and then turned to face Bow. "So how do you think out plan is going?". "Oh you mean operation: Get Adora to confess her feelings to Catra and see if she gets a girlfriend or if she gets rejected?" Bow asked. "This. THIS is why we dont let you name operations, but yes." I said while holding the bridge of my nose and shaking my head. "I think it is going great but she could use a little push," Bow said. "What did you have in mind?" I asked him. "I don't really know," Bow said. "I have an idea we could tell her that she needs to tell her today or we're going to tell her'' I say. "I don't know if that is an invasion of her life". "Oh relax Bow we won't really tell her". I will though. "Okay then, but if she gets rejected i'm blaming you''. "Okay that's fair," I said. "Well let's go find her then"Bow said. I nodded my head and we started searching the arcade for our friend.

Adora's pov

I parked the car and Glimmer immediately got out of the car. She waited for Bow to get out of the car and then dragged him into the arcade. "Aw she couldn't wait to spend time with him" I said. "Yeah I don't think that is what happened." I looked over at Catra and asked "What do you mean?". "I guess that something seems off with Sparkles today". "I guess i don't really see what you're talking about." I told her. "Eh maybe it's nothing". "Okay? Come on let's go inside" I said. She didn't say anything, she just started walking towards the entrance and I followed her. We walked in and saw a bunch of old and new arcade machines. I looked over and Catra was gone. I looked around for her but didn't have to look long because I heard her scream "HELL YEAH GALAGA". I walked over to where I heard the screaming from and saw Catra at the GALAGA machine. She was almost past the 2 level and still had all of her lives. Dang I normally die at the first level. "Whoa you're really good at this" I said. "Yeah there was this pizza place I would go to that had a galaga and pacman machine in it, so whenever I had quarters on me I would play this" She said, still focusing on the game. Catra continued to shoot the incoming enemy ships as they got close to her. She took them out quickly, rarely missing. She got to level 10 in no time but all of the ships swarming at her and shooting at her was too much. She started missing her shots and was soon killed. "Damn it" Catra said as the game over screen appeared. She walked away but I looked back at the machine and saw that she was in the number 2 spot on the leader board and it wanted her to enter her initials. I didn't know her name so I walked over and typed in CAT and hit enter. I walked around trying to find Catra to tell her about the leader board when I ran into Glimmer and Bow. "Hey guys". "Hey Adora." Bow said. "Come with us," Glimmer said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back of the arcade. "Whats up Glimmer?" I asked her. "We have something to tell you" Bow said. "What?" I asked, concerned. "If you don't tell Catra how you feel about her by the time we go home we're going to" Glimmer said. "You wouldn't dare" I said, shocked at what I had just heard. "Do you want to test that?" Glimmer asked me. I sighed "No". "Good then you'll tell her right?" Glimmer asked. I nodded my head and walked off. I could hear Glimmer and Bow squealing but I didn't care about that. I. AM. SCREWED. I have no idea how I am going to tell her. "Do I just go by the way I like you. Do you like me?" I mumbled under my breath. I looked around for Catra and saw her playing a game with a white haired female that wasn't Scorpia and she looked like she was having so much fun. Who is she and why is Catra so happy with her. Is this her crush.That thought made my stomach flip. I walked over to the two and they were playing pacman together. "Hey Adora" I felt my face heat up and said "H-hey Catra". "Oh so this is the famous Adora" The tall, white haired girl asked. "Um yeah and who are you?" I asked. "Oh I am offended. Catra you never told her about me." The white haired lady said, turning to Catra. "I mentioned you once or twice"Catra said. Wait, she has talked about her? "Adora, this is Huntara" Catra said. "OH this is the girl who is letting her stay in her apartment". I said. "So you have talked about me eh Kitten". The white hair said, causing me to swell with anger, but the girl was cool looking so I couldn't stay mad at her for long. "I told you if you're going to call me something it's wildcat because I cant have two nicknames from my friends, and Scorpias came first." Catra said. "Fine wildcat." Huntara said. "Oh when did you get a nickname?" I asked her. "When Scorpia gave me one," Catra said, sounding annoyed. "Well okay then." I turned to Huntara and said "Thank you for letting my friend stay in your apartment". "No problem after all she is a close friend of mine" She said. "Well I thank you any way" I say. "Well I have to get back to campus to study". "Oh okay see you later Huntara". Catra said. "It was nice to meet you" I said. "Same here see ya" Huntara said and then she walked away. Catra went back to playing pacman and I played with her.

Catra's pov

Me and Adora played arcades for a while and Adora told me I got number 2 on the GALAGA leader board which was pretty cool. After a while Sparkles and Crop top came up to us. "Hey guys it's time to go" Bow said. "What time is it?" I asked not turning to look at them. "It's 6:30 and it is going to take at least 30 minutes to get to the carnival" Bow said. "Okay I'll go after I die" I say. Sparkles reaches over and hits my hand messing me up and causing me to die. "There your dead lets go" Sparkles said. "Who the Fu-" "LANGUAGE" Bow yelled. "Your right WHOM THE FUCK DOES THAT" I yelled at her. "Me now lets go" Sparkles said heading towards the exit. I just scoffed and followed. We all got in the car and while Adora was typing in the address for the carnival I looked at Glimmer and said "I hate you". "No you don't you like me and you know it". "I only like your sarcasm." "Okay then I only like your stupidity". "Fuck you sparkles". "No you're not my type fuck Adora instead". Adora whipped her head towards Sparkles and yelled "W-WHAT THE H-HECK GLIMMER". "I didn't do anything." Sparkles said putting her hands up in defense. Adora's face was bright red and she looked like she wanted to say something but didn't. Adora started the car up and started driving.

wordcount-1308