Chapter 12: The contest

It has been 23 days since they went to Mcdonalds and it is now the 22nd the day of the contest.

Catra's pov

It was 8:00 and me, my band, and all my friends were at the venue. Sparkles, Brittany, Crop top, Perfuma, Entrapta, Frosta, Mermista, Rogelio, Netossa, Spinnerella, and Sparkles parents were out in the front. We found out Scorpia could play the drums so she was now with us. Me, Kyle, Lonnie, Scorpia, and Adora were back with all the other people that were playing at the contest. We were the final act so that was just great. "You okay?" I asked Adora. "Yeah, just a little nervous," She said. "Yeah I've noticed" I replied causing her to laugh a little. "Come on we rehearsed for 23 days at your house. I am sure you'll be great" I told her. She smiled at me a little. We listened to other people play for 55 minutes until we heard our names called. "WILL THE HORDE PLEASE COME TO THE STAGE PLEASE I REPEAT WILL THE HORDE PLEASE COME TO THE STAGE PLEASE." We looked at each other and waited for the song to start. Kyle started playing the intro then Scorpia started playing the drums. Soon me and Lonnie were playing our guitars and they blended together perfectly. We looked at each other and smiled. I swear I could have heard Adora growl but brushed it off and started singing.

Well, when you go

So never think I'll make you try to stay

And maybe when you get back

I'll be off to find another way

When after all this time that you still owe

You're still a good-for-nothing I don't know

So take your gloves and get out

Baby, get out while you can

When you go

And would you even turn to say

I don't love you like I did yesterday

I looked out and saw the crowd going crazy, even Sparkle's parents. I looked over at Brittany who was shocked. Good she's getting the message.

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading

So sick and tired of all the needless beating

But baby when they knock you down and out

Is where you oughta stay

And after all the blood that you still owe

Another time was just another blow

So fix your eyes and get up

Baby, get up while you can

When you go

Britany was crying at this point and Adora was singing her part now

And would you even turn to say

I don't love you like I did yesterday

Well, come on, come on

When you go

Would you have the guts to say

"I don't love you like I loved you yesterday"

I don't love you like I loved you yesterday Adora sounds like an angel.

The song ended and Brittany was in tears as she stood up and ran out. The crowd erupted into cheers. We packed up all of our stuff. "I have no idea why we stopped playing together," Lonnie said. "Neither do I" Kyle said. "You guys sounded awesome," Scorpia said, pointing to me and Lonnie. "Yeah well me and Catra have played together so much we just sync up when we play the same song" Lonnie said. "Yeah and You and Adora sounded amazing Scorpia" I said kinda sad. "Hey whats wrong" Adora asked me. "The plan worked but Brittany ran out in tears" I said. "Well at least she got the message heart breaker" Lonnie said causing us all to laugh. We walked out and were greeted by cheers and "That was really good". We all said thanks and sat down waiting for them to call out the winner. It had been 5 minutes when the intercom came on and said "THE WINNERS ARE THE HORDE" We all erupted into cheers and I ran over to Sparkles and said "thank you for taking me to that shop" She laughed and I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around. It was a rainbow hair girl. "Congrats you won I hope you enjoy that guitar," She said, pointing at the case I was holding. I smiled and said "Don't worry I will play this a lot and I appreciate you giving me this". "No problem see ya later" She said and walked off. I ran outside with everyone following me and put my new guitar in Adoras car because she agreed to take care of it until I moved out of my foster home. Sparkles parents came up to congratulate me and to talk. Her mom said "So my daughter said she told you that you could move in with us". I nodded my head and she said "Well you can but I was wanting to know how long". I said "Not at all an old friend of mine said she has an extra room in her apartment that I can live in so you don't have to worry". I smiled and she said "Well okay then but if you ever need help you are always welcome at our house". "Thank you" I said she nodded her head and her and her husband got in their car and drove away. "So you're not going to be living with us at all" I heard a voice say. I turned around to see Adora behind me. "And who is this friend of yours" Glimmer asked me. "No and my friend's name is Huntara who is in college but I knew her when she was in high school so she is letting me use her old apartment" I told them.

"Oh that's cool I guess" Adora said, sounding kinda sad for some reason and it made my heart ache. "We got to go," Lonnie said. "Bye see you guys on Monday" I said. Lonnie, Kyle, Rogelio, and Entrapta left. "We should go," Glimmer said. "Okay see you guys later." "Actually I was wondering if you could take me home Catra" Adora asked. I could see Glimmer and Bow smile and laugh for no reason. I looked at Adora who was staring at me and her cheeks were red. "Y-Yeah sure" I said. I gave her my helmet. She looked at me and said "What about you". "I'll be fine. I rarely use that thing anyway,". She just hummed in response and put it on. I got on my bike and she got on behind me. "Hold on princess". She wrapped her arms around my waist and snuggled her head into my back. I could feel my face heat up and my chest started to feel bubbly, but started my bike and drove towards Adora's house.

Adora's pov

Catra was driving her bike and I was holding on to her waist. HOLY SHIT I AM HOLDING ON TO HER WAIST oh no I am going to DIE before I get home. I pulled my head away from her back and looked at her. Her eyes were focused forward and her long hair was blowing back in the wind. Damn why is she so cute. I have to make her mine before it's too late. I could swear I saw red on her cheeks but is was to dark to tell for sure. The bike came to a stop and I realized I was staring at her the entire time she was driving and started to feel my face get hot. I got off the bike and without thinking said "It's kinda late do you want to stay over". I looked at her hopefully but she said "Sorry no can do princess". I looked at the ground felling sad inside and said " Well bye then Catra". I waited a little but there was no response. I looked up to see that she was gone and there was a paper on the ground. I read it and it said Hey Adora. I went inside with the paper in hand.

Catra's pov

I hope she got the paper and no matter how bad I wanted to accept her offer I have other things to do plus she would never like me like I like her in a million years. I saw the place where I was heading and pulled into a parking spot. I got off my bike, and opened the door. "Hello what can I do for you". "I want my hair cut short like a pixie cut".

Yes it is finally time for short haired Catra and sorry this one was so short.

word count=1426