Chapter Eight

MY HEAD IS KILLING ME!. I literally feel like a piano fell onto my head. I am conscious but I am so afraid to open my eyes.

Behind my eyelids is dull, so that means I am probably somewhere where there is not much light.

Suddenly I felt warm hands enveloping mine.

Mike.

"I know you're awake so save us both the dramatics and get up.", Mike whispered playfully, and awfully alot close to my ear.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and I waited for my eyes to adjust to that non fuzzy feeling. My eyes adjusted and I could see clearly now. Well I wasn't in my room.

That much was obvious, because this room had a rose gold flower wallpaper and those old fashioned curtains that makes it seem that we are living in the 1800's.

I figured I was in Jenny's guest room. My mind is still reeling from the information that Jenny had produced to me. How did my life become so... 'not my life'. Now my life is in the hands of demons. How nice.

"Ugh my head feels like crap", I mumbled incoherently.

Mike glanced at me with a small smile.

"Yes well who knew coming out of hospital with a small concussion can lead to a bigger one when the brain is stressed.", he remarked sarcastically.

"Yes who knew?.", I deadpanned.

I swung my legs over the bed and remembered to pick my head up and move it slowly.

I sat on the bed, which in my opinion had too many flower prints on the bed sheet. I hate flowers. Unless it's a belladonna, the toxic plant.

Is something wrong with my head for liking a toxic plant?.

Yes.

Will I change that?.

Nope.

Jenny entered the room at that moment and gave me a small smile.

"How are you feeling dear?", she questioned politely.

"Well I feel great. You know... knowing that demons and the supernatural is a part of my life, I'd say I'm just peachy.", I rolled my eyes.

Jenny seemed crazy at first, but there is no denying what I saw. I know what I saw and I am pretty damn sure I wasn't imagining being attacked if I ended up in hospital.

"Don't tell me you believe this stuff Audrey. You don't even know this woman and all this mumbo jumbo about demons and stuff, they do not exist", Mike's voice which was filled with frustration echoed in my ear.

I turned to him and reminded myself to breathe because if he's going to be annoyed, then so am I, and the last thing I need is to have a fight while my body feels like it's done its days.

"Listen Mike, I do believe her. You don't know her but I do. I have lived next to her my whole life and yes I thought she was... well crazy.", I moved my gaze briefly to Jenny, and continued, "Sorry Jenny.", she gave me a soft , understanding smile, then I gave my attention back to Mike. "... but at the end of the day I know what I saw and what keeps bugging me.", I finished.

He clenched his jaw.

"Audrey this is insane!, this is not some episode of stranger things or even supernatural. This is the real world and all of this folktales do not exist.", he grabbed his messy hair roughly and raked his hands through them in frustration.

I then saw a shadow move in the corner of my eye. I then looked at Jenny and she smiled reassuringly, and she gave me a small wink.

What is Jenny up to?.