CHAPTER 40

Aeri stood firm by her brother's side as she took the chance to memorize his whole existence.

She blinked her tears away and placed a hairclip she owned, which he gave her. A black one with a primrose design, which she remembered crying her heart out when he handed it to her; she was 6 years old at the time.

"Hey, I hope you'll wake up after this, yeah?"

She then held his cold hand and leaned in, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I miss you, Yong. Your baby princess needs you. Wake up, hm? Don't worry, I'll end this alive."

"I promise," were the last two words she said before setting out with the rest of the boys.

Doyoung slumped on his seat with a sigh and began typing, "Okay! Let's get this started."

The group took three vans in total, driving at full speed in the cold ambiance of 3 a.m.

They were all wrapped in bulletproof clothes and armed with different guns, knives, and explosions.

Seeing them can actually make you think of some army on the way to end a world war.

Aeri unfolded the paper that Hyunjin handed them again.

Take the left base.

The front might be hard, so refrain from scattering out. I can only turn off the cameras and alarms on the left.

"Hey, everything will be okay," Jaemin rubbed the back of her hand and she just replied with a smile.

Soon enough, they all pulled up on the safe corner, meters away from the left base.

[Okay, 127 can enter now] Doyoung said, and the wired gates unlocked.

"Remember to stay back and let the boys advance,"Johnny told her and she nodded. 

"Not if I get face-to-face with Bang Chan."

The older man could just sigh in defeat as the unit carefully entered the headquarters.

Once successful, Doyoung's proud 'yes' echoed the lines, which made them chuckle silently.

"Where's Chan?" Aeri whispered.

[Hmm, his office.]

[Hey, we're in] Jeno whisper and the Dream began to take hold.

Once in, the thundering gunfire filled the whole area, and the defeaning sound of explosions inside the building made them scatter back.

[Move back!] Jungwoo warned.

Jaemin held Aeri's hand tightly as they took the back door.