28. Two Donquixote: Darkness and Light

"Dofy, should I teach them their lesson?" Vergo was itching to pummel these nasty traitor he thought disrespecting his heaven-chosen king.

"Patient, partner. I don't want Law to be scared of you. Afterall, he's already traumatized with you that night on Minion Island."

"He's going to be forgiven?"

"Surely. I've said it since a long time ago, he's a precious kid who'll be my right hand man."

Vergo didn't object it. He's very loyal to Doflamingo.

"Wait for me a little bit, Law. I'll settle with these sinful people quickly and then we can leave."

"You are-- unbelievable.." Law replied, dropping the honorific.

"What is it Law?"

"I can't believe you're this shameless! I've said it, haven't I?! I'm not your underling anymore! I'm free man! So don't act friendly with me!"

Doflamingo snorted. "Free? Law, you use a fanciful word there. Let me tell you the way of this world work, nobody can be truly free. Everyone in this world must attach to something. Even the so called free man like the Pirate King, he is not truly free. You know why? Because they are human." Doflamingo laughs mockingly after that.

"Human must attach to something lowly like responsibilities or promise or principe or something they look up to

"Human must attach to something lowly like responsibilities or promise or principe or something they look up to. Because human are stupid, they let these things get in their way. But if you follow me, Law, I'll teach you the way to be truly free." Doflamingo persuaded.

"Like usual, you're being talky. But say whatever you want. I don't plan to follow you. I know you won't stay quiet about it, so I'm prepared. Today will be the end." Law unsheathed his nodachi.

"You are going to fight me?~" Doflamingo asked half laughing.

"I'll kill you. Just for you to know, I don't forgive you for what you did to us before."

"Fuffuf. Fine with me. I'll make you see your worth and give up."

"I don't plan to lose. I'll fight until I'm the last one standing. You better be ready."

"You are on fire, huh, Law. But remember I must get back what Corazon owes me. He owes me a lot. And he is paying it with his life."

Doflamingo turns to Corazon who once again being restrained on ground by his men. Doflamingo is not smiling anymore.

"Look at you now, Corazon, where is your fangs you showed me the other day.."

"What do you want?" Corazon sassed while enduring the pain. Doflamingo's men are rubbing his gunshot wound with their shoes. But Corazon eyes never leaves Doflamingo.

"Your life.. that's all.. and this woman's life too." Doflamingo walks closer to Marin, also being restrained by his men.

"Stop it! Why would you bother to concern about her?!" Corazon getting agitated with every steps Doflamingo made towards Marin. Corazon manages to break free from the men restraining him. But,ー