Chapter 48

Jason

I quickly disconnect the call. I better kept my mouth shut about the pizza, fuck. Now she'll now something's off. I look on my computer screen to see her entering back inside with her pizza. The look on her face says she's overthinking what I had said. She knows.

She starts eating from her pizza, but stopped when she only ate three slices from it. I really hoped she would have enjoyed it, but she didn't enjoyed her meal at all. I frown when she starts pacing back and forth. Her beautiful face visible with concern. Her nails getting their treatment from her teeth.

I got to know her pretty well from the current three months we were living together and when she's upset are nervous she bites her nails. Suddenly she stops and walks to a picture on the wall, looking intently at it. Fuck, she saw the camera. Angrily she pulls it of the photo and smashes it on the ground, placing her foot on it.

She starts searching in other corners of the house finding the second one. "Why don't you let me go, damnit!" She whispered yelled. "I hope it costed you a fortune Jason because you can pick up the pieces on the floor!" She yelled again. Fuck, she's very pissed off right now.

She needs to know I did this to protect her. Why am I explaining myself to myself. I'm so foolish. I need her save even when she isn't with me and if she doesn't like it too bad for her. I helped her those passed months and will help her for the rest of her life. I owe it to my dad because he raised me like a real man. I owe it to my mother because she would want me to do the right thing. And I owe it to Chris because he asked me to keep her safe and that's what I'll do.

I always told her I'm no good, I'm not a gentleman, but deep down I know I'm a decent man, maybe not perfect enough for her, but I do my best. Suddenly my phone rings and I pick it up, still standing in front of my large window in the mansion. "Sir, Rose is very pissed. I can hear her shouting. Do I need to do something?" John spoke a little unsure.

"I know, she has discovered the camera's." I explain him softly, running with my hand through my already messy hair. "She's a smart girl sir. Do I need to go inside or back off?" He questioned me patiently. "No, it would make her more mad. Go home John, tomorrow is a new day." I order him calmly looking at the dark sky in front of me.

I quickly drink my whisky and make my way to my bedroom, pulling out my clothes until I was only wearing my boxers. I let myself fall on my bed with a loud sigh. Looking at the right my mind going back to the memories I have with Rose in here. Her naked body swirling under my weight. Her pink, little nipples hard for me. Her kissable lips ready to be kissed.

I'm driving myself crazy since I know she's back from New York. At first I was worried when I heard she didn't sleep at her apartment. John tracked down her phone and we quickly figured out she was staying with her sister. She probably needed to figure things out for herself. She saw Patricia being shot and my brother. I know she's been through a lot of bulshit in her life when I came in the picture and I really feel sorry for it. That's why I said she needed to move on with her life without me in it. I want her to be happy again. I want for her a life without chaos. A life with a loving, loyal husband.

I can't give her that. I'm too selfish and emotional distant for her own good. Maybe I need to fuck someone to get her out of my system. I roughly lay myself on my stomach and force myself to close my eyes. Finally after half an hour sleep finds me.

The next morning I was early at my office. I worked again, but as an escort I stopped just like I did before everything happened. I've to run two businesses now and I have my hands full with everything that came along with it. Suddenly someone knocks at my door and Chief opens it silently. "Boss, Michelle is here to look for a new escort." My bodyguard informs me. "Let her in." I order him calmly. After the incindent John forced my to keep a bodyguard in front of my office because in this business you need to keep your eyes and ears open at all times. I know that better then anyone, but I never thought someone would dare to hurt me.

Michelle walks in with a lot of flair. She was wearing a designer suit with high heels. "Michelle it's good to see you." I stand from my seat to give her a kiss on the cheek. "I'm happy to meet you here." She pouted her lips. "Are you healed? Jackson told me what happened." She explains softly. "I'm allright. So Jackson wasn't your taste I've heard?" I question her with a frown. Jackson was a young, but handsome guy, but a little too playful from time to time. The younger girls mostly fancied him, but Michelle is fifty so it was quite normal she wanted someone mature.

"Jackson is so cute, but a little to immature for my age. It's hard to find someone compatible like you." She says seductively. "You know what Michelle. I'll give you one night with me this evening to closer the good years we had together." I tell her with a small grin.

"That sounds great!" She gushed. "That's settled then. I can guarantee Virgil will be a better match for you. I'll make the arrangements tomorrow okay?" I question her while sitting back behind my office. "Allright. See you tonight at the usual place on eight o'clock." She orders me playfully. "See you then Michelle." I inform her before getting back to my paperwork.

That's what I need. Fucking Michelle will help me clear my mind for sure. Back to life, back to reality, back to how it was before she came walking into my life.