Chapter 18

Yesterday when Jason pulled me in my arms, I had been crying for a long time. He was staying quiet the whole time, letting me lean against him until I was ready to stand straight and then he vanished out of my room. I hadn't seen him afterwards, but that was for the best though. I didn't want to see him nor anyone else.

I'm sitting at the table waiting for Karl to prepare his famous omelets. "Are you feeling better Rose?" He questioned me carefully. "Yes, thank you for your concern." I give him a polite smile. "I hope you aren't mad I called Mister Black when you went back to your room yesterday. I was worried about you and mister Black ordered me to call when something was wrong with you." He informs me hesitantly.

"It's fine Karl, really." I inform him silently. He takes his spatula in his hand and stopped abruptly with what he was doing, looking intently behind me. I quickly turn on my chair to see where Karl's gaze landed. Jason was standing in the doorway with a dark blue jeans and a black narrow fitted shirt. His broad shoulders and arm muscles leaving nothing to my imagination. His dark, tousled brown hair still a little wet from his shower. "Good morning mister Black." Karl spoke quite cheerful.

I quickly look back to Karl who was grinning from ear to ear. "Good morning Karl, ....Rose." He spoke authorative, taking a seat beside me. "Good morning." I murmur softly, rolling my eyes in frustration.

"How did you sleep?" His voice sounded more husky then other times. "I slept well, thanks for asking." I tell him softly, trying my best to be polite at him. I don't know what it is, but he's making a hard time for me to be polite at him. Maybe it's because of his brother, but I'm still so mad at him he couldn't save Chris. I know his brother was the one pulling the trigger, but he's related to him and I can't trust him.

Why did we went to a club full of escorts. I had to warn Chris right away because at first I wasn't too glad about going, but when I saw Chris his happy face I didn't tell him the truth. We were having such a nice evening until Enrico and Jason walked into our lifes. That night was doomed to fail and our lifes would never be the same.

I swallow the lump in my throat away, feeling my hands shake. Jason looks to me with knitted brows. I frown at him and quickly lay my hands on my lap. I turn my gaze back to Karl who was putting the omelets on two plates. He marches to us with a bright smile. I think this man isn't human. He always seems so happy and cheerful. "My famous omelets. I hope you'll love it." Karl winks at me.

"Thanks Karl." I smile up at him. Karl places the other plate in front of Jason. "Bon appetit," he says before leaving the two of us alone in the kitchen. I take my fork and put a small piece into my mouth, hoping my stomach will allow food at the moment. In a weird way the food comforted me. I ate my whole plate until the last piece of it. Jason stayed quiet the whole time, but every time I had glanced at him, he quickly averted his gaze back on his plate.

"I kept the arrangements for the funeral simple and small. I wanted to ask you wether you can handle it of course if you can choose some lyrics.... You know something that defines Chris." He stayed quiet afterwards just eyeing me with a worried expression. I nod without looking at him. "If you'll need some help with it I'm in my home office. The funeral will be held tommorow morning at ten o'clock." He informs me while standing up from his seat and putting our plates in the dishwasher.

"So soon, I murmur softly. It's so unreal. I was still hoping this was all a bad dream, or a sick joke but it becomes very real now. Jason looks at me with concern. "Can I see him before the funeral, alone?" I question him with a trembling voice. "Of course." He says quickly. "Oh, no, I haven't contacted anyone. Nobody will know about his dead. Oh no it's already sunday, the practice ...and Ishana doesn't know about ..." my voice died with his name on my tongue.

"Rose, don't worry about anything. I called Ishana and all Chris his contacts. My men had taken Chris his phone, when the ambulance arrived. If you would like it you can have the phone." He explains me quietly. "I appreciate it." I tell him, feeling my eyes getting wet behind my eyelids. "You picked a good doctor, Ishana is very smart. She told me to call her when you needed a talk. She will be joining the funeral tommorow. I told her to contact all your patients to tell them you will be closed for an amount of time." Jason explains me.

I look up at him. He's been arranging everything, but I don't want him to interfere in the practice. The practice was from Chris and he would never wanted the practice to close for a while. "You can't arrange everything by yourself when it comes to Chris his practice. He fought so hard to build it up and now you're going to close it for how long? All our patients will be going somewhere else if we don't help them for weeks. We can close for a week, but not longer." I snap at him.

"Rose, you can't go to work, it's too dangerous." He admits to me, brushing with a hand through his already dry hair. "You can't stop me from leaving this house. I will be joining Ishana after one week if you'ld like it or not." I hiss at him while standing from my seat. His face expression changes from worried to anger in a few seconds after my outburst.

"Don't forget who you're talking to Rose. You live in my house so you'll listen to my commands." He says dominantly, but on a calm tone. "You forced me into your house! You can't hold me here because you say so!" I yell at him. My body is shaking from the rising anger inside of me. I desperately tried to composure myself, and calm down a little bit.

"Do you think I want you here in my house? The only way to keep you safe is for you to stay here until we have found him. That's the only way why you're here." He snaps at me. "You fucking prick. It's all your fault. Why don't you leave me be. I don't care if he comes after me or not so why do you care!" I hiss at him.

"Because it's my fault you're in this mess and I'm going to fix this so you can leave and live your life like before." He says frustrated, but on a more calm tone.

"My life will never be the same." I tell him rudely before leaving him in the kitchen.