Johnnycake

I walked in my front door and realised tehy didn't mean tonight they meant tomorrow night...ught sometimes i can be so dumb. Seeing as i wasn't going to the movies tonight i went back out and just walked around looking for somebody but nobody was around. So i went for a walk around the park and saw some greaser girls gossiping and giggling. I just walked past them I really don't like ohter greaser grils they are slutty and wear way to much make-up and generally act like teenage girls which i hate. I wass definetly not a typical greaser girl, i had self-respect and didn't go for every guy i saw there was only one guy for me, Two-Bit Matthews. I didn't just have a crush on Two-Bit I loved him, I know it sounds ridiculous but i had liked him for 2 years now and somewhere along the way my feelings just got alot stronger. He was always cracking a joke and being funny and smiling, he always just made me smile. All the other girls, including the soc girls went for Sodapop Curtis I could understand why, he was really good looking and sort of funny but to me he was my brother. I just could never like him like that. 

It was fairly dark when i decided to walk home along the way I saw Johnny walking down the street towards me. I half ran/walked to him I can't stand johnny being alone not since the day he got beaten up. I feel responsible for him for some reason, i just don't think i could handle Johnny being beaten up again so I always try to protect him and make sure he isn't alone. I still remember the day he got beaten by them asshole Socs. I was just walking around when i saw the guys carrying Johnny i ran over and said "hey guys howcome Johnny's getting all the special treatm-" then i saw him Johnnycake was bleeding everywhere, his face was covered in blood so was his shirt. The guys just looked at me but i could could look at was his face, I always loved Johnny but not romantically. "oh my god Johnny?- i whispered-"JOHNNY?!!? NO!!! IS HE OKAY???" i was shouting now and i hadn't realised. Hot tears were running down my face and my vision was getting blurry when i felt to stron ghands on my shoulders holding me in place. It was Steve, "He's fine Kate, now come on pull it together for his sake." "you're right I'm sorry i don't know what came over me." that was the first time I had ever cried infront of the boys. "it's fine Kate i get it....we all get it." 

I will never forget that day....none of us will.

I eventually got to Johnny and gave him a hug, he jumped a little , I don't think he saw me coming. "I'm sorry Johnnycake I didn't mean to scare you." He looked up at me and i saw his scar on his face that he would carry with him for the rest of his life. "it's ok Kate you know i am always jumpy now days." "oh hey Johnny cheer up! come on i'll buy you a pepsi." "ok thanks Kate hey do you have a weed?" "yeah kid." i pulled a smoke out of my jacket pocket for Johnny and got one myself. we walked along in silence I don't think Johnnycake was up for much talking tonight. He all remined us of a lost little puppy who had been kicked to many times. He was the gangs pet we all looked out for Johnny.

We got to the diner on our territory. It was only 8:30 at night so there were alot of greasers there guys with girls on the bonnets of cars and girls eating outside on the tables and people dancing to the music. We walked inside and it was practically deserted, everyone was outside having a good time. i was fine with it being wuiet in here though i liked it and i think Johnny was the same. "Go have a seat Johhny" i signalled to the booth over at the window near the door. "can i have 2 pepsis?" i asked the waitress "sure i will bring them over and it's on the house, register isn't working properly and that kid look like he is scared half to death."  she had no idea.. but i said thanks and walked over to Johnny. 

"So man how has it been latley?" "not too bad i suppose" " fair enough." I smiled gently and then the waitress brought the pepsi's over. "thanks" Johnny whispered. "hey Johnny , can i ask you something?" "sure go for it Kate."  "Are you really okay?" "honestly? no...i am always looking over my shoulder for Socs to come and attack me. I am always scared Kate but don't tell no one, i know I can trust you." "ofcourse Johnnycake, you know you can always come to me even at 3 in the morning and i aint lying either." he gave me a sly smile and then finished his pepsi. "shall we go johnnycake?" "yeah".  I walked him home because I didn't trust him being alone. We got to his house and we heard screaming his parents were arguing again. "hey johnny you can come crash at mine kid." "thanks Kate." "Don't mention it."