The proposal

Two-Bit's POV

I woke up the next morning with Kate snuggled up against me I kissed the top of her head and then discretely got out of bed careful not to wake her. I got dresses into my grey Mickey Mouse shirt, blue jeans and brown boots and of course my leather jacket. I did my hair and then got Darry who had fallen asleep under the stars, we jumped in his truck and went into town. It took about 30 minuted but we eventually got to the jeweller. The guy behind the counter had his eye on us the entire time, I don't think he trusted us not to steal something. It didn't bother me much I was used to it besides I stole all the time, that's how I got my prized possession, my black handled switchblade. I knew Kate wasn't a girl for extravagant things she liked stuff simple, which was one of the reasons I loved her. How about this one Darry said pointing to a ring and I knew that was the one for her this was the ring I would propose to Kate with...tonight. It was gold with a single square diamond in the middle and two tiny diamonds either side. I brought the ring and gave it to Darry to keep safe until tonight.

Kate's POV

I woke up to an empty bed and to an empty room I rolled over and found a note on my bedside.

Happy birthday babe, had to go to town be back soon love you xoxo

I got up and had shower and got dressed into black high waisted shorts and a white blouse that I did up half way and then just tied up and my black converses. I put on some make-up and curled my hair, I didn't usually but today was a special day. I walked outside and went up to the kitchen where the boys were making chocolate cake, my boys and their chocolate cake. They saw me and put 18 candles into the cake, they started singing Happy Birthday too me. I blushed hard and laughed I mean what do you do when people sing Happy Birthday to you? They set the cake down in front of me and I blew out the candles in one go. "Happy Birthday Kate." Soda said as he put his arm around me. "Thanks Soda, thanks guys." I said. "Now let's eat some." I said excitingly, I was starving. The boys had chipped in and got me a really awesome switchblade. It was all silver but with my name engraved on the handle. "Do you like it?" Ponyboy asked. "Like it? Guys I love it!! Thankyou all so much!!" I hugged all of them and then Steve said I could now get rid of my crummy red handled one. There was nothing wrong with my other one I guess it was a bit old though. Two-Bit and Darry walked through the door about 30 minutes later. "Where have you guys been?" I demanded putting my hands on my hips, "I told you we went to town." Two-Bit replied and then kissed my cheek pulling me into a big birthday bear hug. We decided we would all go swimming for the day because I loved to swim. We were having so much fun we didn't even realise it was lunch time so we just swam right through it when it got to about 4:30 though we were all starving so we went to get something to eat when Two-Bit said I couldn't because he was taking me out for dinner to a fancy restaurant. It made me smile and feel nice, no one had actually ever taken me out for dinner before, well not to a restaurant anyway. Two pulled me towards him by my waist and whispered in my ear "Go put something nice on." I giggled and pulled away to go to the cabin. When I got inside though I realised I have nothing to wear!! But there was something on the bed a bag, one of the ones you give somebody with their present inside, it was tied up with purple ribbon. I picked it up and it had a card attatched to it "gathered you probably didn't bring something nice so here you go" I knew instantly it was from Two I undid the ribbon and pulled out what was inside. It was a dress, a pretty one too but Two knows I don't really like wearing dresses all that much, but I still was really grateful and wore it. It was a bright red one with red straps and a flowy skirt, it was real pretty. Iput on some black slip ons and curled my hair again. I put on some red lippy and some silver eye shadow with eyeliner. When I walked out to the bonfire pit where everyone else was they are just stopped talking and stared at me. "Ok guys you can stop staring now." I said. "Kate you never ever wear a dress, I don't think I have ever seen you in a dress before." Darry said still amazed. "Yeah well don't get used to it I said because it won't be happening again." I smirked at Darry and the asked where Two was, "Oh he's in the car waiting for you." Soda pointed towards the car. So I walked up to the car and found Two-Bit leaning against the passenger side "Your chariot awaits my lady." He said in a fancy tone coking an eyebrow. "Why thankyou." I said mocking him. We drove to the restaurant in comfortable silence "So do you like your present?" he asked me. "Yeah I do, thankyou so much but you didn't have to get me anything." I poked him in the ribs. He didn't say anything back but he had his goofy grin on so I didn't mind. 20 minutes later we arrived at the restaurant, it sure did look fancy. We got out and walked into the restaurant hand in hand. Two-Bit was even wearing a nice outfit, a black button down with blue jeans and some black boots, I swear this is the first time I have seen him in a top that didn't have mickey mouse on it. When we got to the table they gave us a menu and we ordered pretty much straight away, I got a chicken parmagiana with chips and Two-Bit got a steak with chips. We sat and talked about different random things while we waited for dinner, eventually it came out and it was absolutely delicious. "Two-Bit this is amazing!!" I exclaimed. "I know!! My steak is cooked to perfection!" Two-Bit seemed so happy but at the same time real nervous but I couldn't understand why, I thought maybe it was because of how the waiter kept staring at us, like we were different or something but I wasn't sure.

Two-Bits POV

The meal was delicious and Kate was gorgeous she took my breath away. I was trying to act as normal as I could but she was just so beautiful and I was about to ask her to spend the rest of her life together with me what if she said no? or dumped me? I couldn't handle that. I loved this girl more than anything. Once dinner was finished I had organised for the waiter to bring us out chocolate cake and champagne. So the waiter took our meals away and brought dessert out for us, I started to sweat I couldn't believe this was happening, I was about to propose. I saw the guys outside ready to come in when/if she said yes. After we had our chocolate cake I got down on one knee and took the ring out of my pocket "Kate I have had a crush on you since I was 14 and always pictured the day that we would end up together and when you agreed to go out with me I was so happy! So Katerina Charlene Williams will you marry me and make me the happiest greaser on earth?" She just stared at me then finally said "Yes! Keith Lucas Matthews!" tears were in her eyes. I put the ring on her finger and the whole restaurant applauded and the guys came in and congratulated us. The guys all slapped me on the back and Darry picked Kate up and swung her around. She seemed genuinely happy and I knew I was beaming!! We all went back to camp and got plastered to celebrate.