Going home

I looked at the clock and saw it was 8 pm when Dally left. All I could think about was how Two-Bit didn’t tell me about the rumble, why did he hide it from me? I wanted to figure it out but I was exhausted so I drifted off to sleep. 

I woke then next morning at about 9:30, wow I slept for ages! My room was empty, I don’t know why but sort of expected someone to be there. I looked to my right where the bed side table was still with all my things strewed everywhere but there was a note that said:

Came in to check on you but you were sound asleep and didn’t want to wake you, Doc says you can go home today I will be by later to pick you up,
Two-Bit. Xx”

I didn’t want to see Two-Bit Matthews I was still so angry with him! Why didn’t he tell me about the rumble? Why did he lie to me? I called out for the nurse and she came running in with panic on her face. “Yes dear what’s wrong? Is everything ok?” “Yeah sorry I didn’t mean to scare you but can you please call my mum to come pick me up and take me home as soon as possible?” “Yes of course dear” she smiled and walked out. A few minutes later she returned and gave me my clothes they still had blood on them and I just stared at the massive bloodstain all over my top and jeans. “I’m sorry Hun but no one brought spare clothes for you.” “Uh…no that’s fine I just, it’s just confronting.”  “Do you need any help to get changed?” I went to say no but when I went to get up my side burst in pain. “UGH” I groaned and clutched my side. “Yes please.”  The nurse helped me change and when I looked in the mirror I saw where I had been stabbed there was a line of stitches that went from the bottom of my rib cage to above my hip, I froze it looked horrible and it hit me I will have this scar for the rest of my life.  I was finally dresses and the nurse brought in a wheel chair for me to sit in “here you go” she cheerfully stated. “Thanks” I muttered I remembered how I could no longer have kids and I felt really miserable.  Ten minutes later mum walked in, grabbed my things and pushed me to the car. “Thanks mum.” I whispered. “Its fine sweetie now I’m sorry but I will have to drop you home and run back to work.”  Mum was always working, she never stopped. “That’s fine.” I managed a slight smile and decided not to tell her about the whole kid thing and definitely not about the rumble.  Mum dropped me home and helped me to my bed and then left. I didn’t want to be in these clothes anymore I took them off, with great difficulty movement was hard with my injury, It killed whenever I moved my arm to much or tried to sit up from laying down.  I threw my jeans and top in the wash with lots of detergent. I shuffled back to my room and put a red t-shirt on and black Pj shorts and brushed my hair into a ponytail, there were so many tangles in it. I went back to bed and played with my switchblade thinking why didn’t I use this?!? I had the chance and I completely forgot about it. My switch blade was just a standard one except it had a red handle.

I forgot I hadn’t eaten in about a day because I gather they fed me something while I was unconscious. I got up and shuffled to the kitchen and grabbed some chocolate cake that was sitting in the icebox and some aspirin from the cupboard above the stove, I took three and gulped them down. I grabbed the cake and a fork then muddled my way back to bed. The cake was DELICIOUS!!  I had always loved chocolate cake, Darry made the best one! I wished I was there right now I don’t like being by myself thinking about my future with no kids I don’t know why having no kids irks me so much but I guess deep down I always wanted kids and now I couldn’t.  I fell asleep thinking about this.

I woke up to someone shaking my arm, it was Two-Bit. “Hey babe, what are you doing here I went to the hospital to go pick you up and they told me you were gone.” I didn’t want to see Two-Bit I was still angry with him for lying to me.  “Yeah I got your note.” I said nonchalantly.

Two-Bit: what’s wrong Kate?

Kate: Why didn’t you tell me about the rumble meeting?

Two-Bit: ah shoot, how’d you find out about that?

Kate: Dally was kind enough to tell me, unlike you!

Two-Bit: I knew if I told you about it you would want to go.

Kate: damn right I would!

Two-Bit: Kate you injured you could more injured if you go to the rumble I am not going to apologising for protecting you.

Kate: I don’t need you to protect me! DAMN IT TWO!!

Two- Bit: DON’T YELL AT ME KATE!

We were both yelling now. I really just wanted to hug him but I was so angry with him.

Kate: TWO YOU LIED TO ME!

Two-Bit: TO PROTECT YOU!! YOU AR ENOT GOING TO THAT RUMBLE KATE, I AM PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN!

Kate: YEAH RIGHT I’M NOT OF COURSE I AM YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER ME! I WILL GO IF I WANT AND I DO SO I AM GOING!

Two-Bit: NO YOU’RE NOT KATE! I CAN’T LET YOU!

Kate: GET OUT TWO BIT, JUST GET OUT!!!! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU RIGHT NOW!!

Two-Bit: fine Kate but I can’t let you go it’s for your own good.

Two-Bit walked out and I fell down to the ground and clasped my hands over my cut. I rested my head against the mattress and sobbed until I realised I can either sit here and cry or I can do something about this. I chose the second option I got to my feet and got dressed into dark blue jeans, white shirt and black boots and went out.