Chapter 37

Kellen POV;

Brody kept his word; I was so distracted the week leading up to the ball that I didn't even have time to think afterwards. Friday morning passed in the familiar fashion that always preceded a ball; my suit arrived while I was in the shower and once I styled my slightly longer hair with gel and put my suit on, there was nothing else for me to do except try to calm myself the hell down! I couldn't stop stupid doubts from floating into my mind; what if Ana didn't show up? What if there was another rogue attack? These were laughable worries, I knew, since Ana had said she'd be there and I trusted her words. With Brody back, all Royal guards on duty for tonight's event had been viciously trained with the new tactics picked up from the East, as well as protection details drawn up by Brody and myself that would ensure full protection tonight.

Lifting my head at a knock at my door, Brody enters wearing a tux with his curly hair moussed into style. "Who'd have thought you could actually clean up well?" I joke playfully. Joking is good; joking relieves tension.

"I was about to say the same to you, you cheeky git." He grins, leaning against the doorframe carelessly. I smirk at him before turning back to play with Ana's bracelet. I'd see her tonight. We'd be reunited tonight, I reassured my fried nerves. "How you feeling?" Asks Brody genuinely.

I sigh, "Honestly, I'm bunch of nerves." I look at him; he nods understandingly for the sake of reassuring me.

"Well mate, look at the bright side; nothings gonna get in the away of your reunion tonight. This place is locked up tighter than an old fashion corset; anyone who so much as scratches their balls or touches their boobs suspiciously, I'll know about it and be on them like a tone of bricks."

Snorting, "Pervert." I chuckle. "But thanks."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. But come on your Royal Assness, I was sent by your Mom to get you for the family entrance."

"Watch it," I warn, pulling a serious expression as I get up. "I happen to be your superior."

"Oh you're a superior alright...a superior behind." He smirks.

"Dude seriously, I know I have a superior behind but I don't sway that way." I retort smugly as we head towards the entrance, where my family are waiting in positions.

Rolling his eyes, "Real good comeback there Kel," Brody replies sarcastically.

"If you wanted a come back, I could tell you where you could get it from..." I tell him dirtily, giving him a suggestive look. He rolls his eyes, shoving my head in the direction of where my family stand.

"Go stand in line, you tard. I'll see you in the ballroom." I grin cheekily but follow his advise.

Once our entrance is over, I assess the ballroom and only need to smell the air to know Ana's not here yet. About two hours later and with one more pack left to arrive, I'm exceedingly anxious despite being outwardly composed; Ana still hadn't arrived yet! The Prowess's pack is the last pack that will be arriving, so Ana had to be in that pack! She had to be, dammit! My family also- aside from Mom who had that secretive look back in her eyes- were growing concerned, although not to the same extent I was. I tired my hardest to not let my countenance become affected by my growing angst, but it was very difficult and those who tried talking to me had an understanding look in their eye, instead of being offended.

Kellen, the Prowess's pack is about to make their entrance, please make your way back over to your family. Informed Brody mentally. Anticipation floods me, the atmosphere buzzing in excitement; everyone was chatting about the expected arrival of the Prowess, whether or not she'd show up and how she'd act with her pack if she did. I couldn't listen; all I could think about was whether or not Ana would be in that pack! I'd got to the point where I was praying she would be. I reached my family and took my place next to my father on his right as the announcement sounded, "Your Royal Highnesses, ladies and gentleman, please welcome The Crescent Moon Pack with their leader, The Prowess."