Donovan's POV

Donovan

“You sure you’ve been looking out that window long enough boy?” My mom asked standing beside me. “You’ve been looking out there often for the past few weeks.”

I had been watching Aleena play ball for almost half an hour.

“Fallin hard kind of fast, don’t you tink?”

I turned to her and smiled. “I feel different about this one.”

“Really now?”

“Yeah.”

“Well you’re scarin me. Why don’t you just go play with her?”

“You make it sound like I’m six.”

“I’m just asking. If you’re gon be staring at her all day you may as well go play ball wit her.”

I looked back to the window before grabbing my sneakers and head band.

“What’s up?”

She smiled holding the ball. “Have you finally come out to play with me?”

The beads of perspiration slid down her neck into her tank top and between her breasts. I was goin to enjoy this game.

“Can you play?”

“You should know. You’ve been watching me sense I’ve been out here.” She shot the ball. “Like what?” She said when it made a swishing sound.

“So you saw me?”

“It’s not like you put any effort into hiding.”

I jumped in front of her blocking her next shot.

“How tall are you?”

“Six, one.”

She shrugged her eyebrows. “Are you going to play or not?

I smiled and took off my shirt.

She rubbed her tongue over her teeth and smiled. “Do you mind putting your shirt back on?”

“Why, does it bother you?”

“No. I just have this thing about other people’s sweat getting on me.”

“Really? Well you must still be virgin.”

She looked at me cross eyed. “Just put your shirt back on.”

I smiled. Aleena could ball. She whooped my ass twice playing to twenty one and she still wanted to keep playing.

“Come on. Get up.” She tried to pull me up off of the ground.

“We just played for an hour. I’m tired girl.”

“Gees, I can tell you smoke.” She ran over to the goal and did a lay-up.

“What did you have this morning, a keg of Red Bull?”

“I’m just an energetic person. I could do this all day.” She shot the ball again. Swish.

“My kind of girl.” All that physical contact with her body had given me a rush. I needed a cold shower.

“So are you going to play or what?”

“How about this, if I beat you at this last game you have to promise to

go to the movies with me this weekend.”

“Is this a date?”

“No. Just as friends.”

She gave me a look like she didn’t believe me. “Okay but I swear, if you

try to kiss me you won’t have anything left to kiss with.”

I smiled. “Feisty.”

“Yeah. Whatever. Don’t find yourself lipless.”